The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - if pics are a thousand words....(2.5 pico) *PIC INTENSIVE*
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
amphirion
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollface View Post
That last shot is gorgeous. How long did you dry start the UG for, and how'd it fare when you first filled the tank, did you get any melt off?
thanks a lot Dollface, im proud to say, it's thanks to you! i dry started the UG for about 6 months---i actually didnt get any massive melt offs....i suspect it is actually because UG doesnt like eutrophication...it did enjoy a healthy/ODing dose of CO2 as a substitute instead (no fauna in the tank---at least the ones that really mattered yet) high lighting seems to be a determining factor as well.

however, i did have multiple times where i was trying to harden it (ie: reduce humidity) and it definitely didnt like that---because of the slope it was hard getting even growth since the higher areas were less humid than the lower areas, or the fact that it tried to insist on growing horizontally instead of vertically, so i had periods of massive die offs.
amphirion is offline   Reply With Quote