The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Cheap lighting - ODNO
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 04:40 AM   #247
75sausage
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via ICQ to 75sausage Send a message via AIM to 75sausage Send a message via Yahoo to 75sausage

Ok I think I answered my own questions and TADA!!! im running 3 2xOD 40W T12s. Which in theory should give me approx 180W of light !!!

Please just confirm my diagrams below. When I was asking about the single/double leads, I meant that there is only 1 lead going 1 side of the bulb like in the F32T8 diagram; for a regular 2 bulb hook up 2 blue leads on one side (need to jumper the endcap terminals) and only 1 red lead to the other side of both bulbs (need to jumper endcap terminals and both endcaps together).

INTENDED WIRING FOR A 2 BULB T8 (48" MAX) ELECTRONIC BALAST
( SINGLE WIRE PER BULB)

2X ODNO WIRING FOR A 2 BULB T8 (48" MAX) ELECTRONIC BALAST
( SINGLE WIRE PER BULB)

IMPORTANT UPDATE
The particular balast model referenced below DOES NOT WORK FOR ODNO.
I have made this corelation regarding Advance balasts: I have seen Advance balasts advertised as Instant Start and Rapid Start. The above REL-2P32-LW-SC balast is Instant Start and WORKS. The bellow REL-2S40-SC balast is a rapid start ballast and DOES NOT WORK for ODNO in my experience. I have found that it will not light up a single NO bulb and you have to connect both bulbs for it to work in NO mode. If someone has some insight on this, it would be greately appreciated.

INTENDED WIRING FOR A 2 BULB T12 (48" MAX) ELECTRONIC BALAST
( DOUBLE WIRE PER BULB)

ODNO WIRING FOR A 2 BULB T12 (48" MAX) ELECTRONIC BALAST
( DOUBLE WIRE PER BULB)

Last edited by 75sausage; 03-02-2005 at 02:06 PM..
75sausage is offline   Reply With Quote