The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Any Harrisburg Fish Guys/Gals around?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Svynx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Do you need a better place than That Fish Place? Soooo good...

Sent from my Tricorder using TapaTalk Pro
Do I need a better place? Absolutely. Yes, if you are going for dry goods, it's a great place to buy from. Prices are good, and the selection and stock levels are too. I personally don't trust the livestock though. I work close by, so a trip during lunch happens quite often. I also live close by, so a trip after work happens quite often as well, which means I get to see how it looks before and after cleaning. I've talked to a number of the staff and there are two (now only one) that I will trust with the questions I have. Everytime I go in I look at both the fresh and saltwater areas. I can't walk out of there without counting all the dead fish. Their coral frag tanks are always covered in algae. I understand that it is a business, and that it should be considered a big box store. It wasn't always like that. They are a big reason why all the smaller fish/pet stores are out of business. Tony's went out not to long ago. I loved that little place. It was ran by a guy who made a little on the top, but it was more of a hobby for him. The quality of livestock and the store in general showed how much he loved what he was doing.