The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Texas Proposal Could Stop Trade in Dozens of Aquarium Plants
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #34
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (141/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caton View Post
How do they even know about Hygrophila pinnatifida? As far as I know, it is going for about $20-$40 a stem right now! I almost wish it was invasive right now, then I can make lots of $$$. Some of those plants are rare, most only experienced people keep. Maybe if they were to simply make it so you have to pay a $10 fee to get a permit and watch a video that would at least not ruin LFS's and honest people who BURN their invasive plants. I know that most of you may think $10 for a permit and having to watch a video may not sound fun, but what if you can't get even that? What if you can't keep plants at all? We can't even keep a stem of a plant that isn't invasive in either the aquarium or in the wild....
If you look though those lists there are a number of species that seem to indicate their review process was hasty, arbitrary and unscientific. These are good point to raise when contacting their office.
hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote