The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Newman's Shrimp Bowl
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #26
Newman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

So Update on the Shrimp bowl:

There are well over 20 shrimp in here now. I do not know at what point I will move some back to the 40 gal, but I'm thinking after the little guys grow up a bit more. Then one of the big females and a big male are going back, and I will let the little ones grow more yet, before i move some of them over to the 40 gal. The max number of shrimp I intend to leave in this tank for breeding is around 5.
However this is going to be very difficult because the female that gave birth last time has been berried for the last week again, and may give birth yet again, before these little ones make it to being juveniles...These things really like to over populate lol.
I am feeding them the shirakura foods, they are liking them very much.
I am now able to take care of the cyano during each water change by syphoning it out. Any shrimp babies that I syphon out are now very visible and easily transported back to the bowl. With this method I was able to somewhat clean up the cyano in the tank.
I have decided to do water changes on this tank twice weekly. Will likely move that to maybe more frequently in the future.
I could really use some Amazon frogbit in here to shade the plants, but I will only have access to the plant in late spring.
The baby shrimp are now visible on the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2536.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	26373  

Newman is offline   Reply With Quote