Now for my regularly scheduled updating, here is today's:
Our 7 Cardinal Tetra are still tetra'ing! This is the 1st time I've introduced new fish and not had to medicate or do corpse recoveries. They are now hiding a little less (other than the one guy who still likes to stay low and out of the way out of the original 4). There are now defined territories and when they are in defense mode there will be no trespassers tolerated.
I've started using the Seachem dosing chart
to see if I can get my Alternanthera to perk up a little. Everything else seems to be doing well, even the newly planted HC. I probably left them in clumps a little larger than most chose too but they are not melting and have started to spread out a bit, since I've only started the dosing yesterday, this has not been a factor on the growth rate of the plants yet. I have been only using some Excel now and again coupled with Flourish Complete now and then up to this point.
I will be giving the Cabomba a heavy trimming today, if your local and want a few free bunches of healthy (bleach dipped) Cabomba, just send me a message and I'll hook you up.
As you can see in the pics below I have a snail invasion with all three common snail species represented. I actually don't mind a few of each, but the breeding is out of hand with the pond snails. I see an Assassin or two in my near future, even though I actually like Ramshorns and MTS in the small numbers of those I have. I am only feeding once a day and its all consumed by the fish and what little drops gets claimed by the shrimp, this is just an after effect of my inexperience earlier on with over feeding and not pre-dipping plants before planting.
Here is my HC progress shot .. makes me wish I took one of my initial planting about a week ago: