The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Rickztahone's 55g and 2 x 10g projects (update 02-13-11)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
rickztahone
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

well, i have an update finally. i have been hard-pressed for money lately so the builds are taking a little longer than i would like. I bought the slim-line backgrounds for all 3 tanks, fairly cheap too. i also finished the skeleton of the 55 stand today but i didn't bring it into the house as of yet. i still need to buy lights/substrate/fauna for the 55.

The 10's are pretty much ready to go, but since they have aquasoil they will not be cycled for a while. i was thinking of growing some HC with DSM, my question is, if i do that how long will it take to cycle the tank AFTER i finish with the DSM? i have honestly never cycled a tank, i have always taken media from another filter and started a cycle that way.

here are the pics: the 55 didn't have such great lighting seeing as it was on the floor. the last picture is the one that shows all tanks, a sight my wife is not too happy with! LOL. i'm yet to sell all my discus in order to sell my 125.

This picture shows pretty accurately the actual color of the background.