The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tomb Raider Petrified Wood Anubias Garden- evolution pics p.1! video 3/6
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #30
whitepapagold
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Default Old tank link!

I set up my signature to have a link to the first really nice one of these I did- the one that ended up with the 4+ foot Anubias Barteri.

Its a video of a video (ghetto digital conversion) so be forgiving but you can still see the point!

Its got the fresh water clams as well! There is an actual shot of the Barteri Rhizom GOING OFFFFFFFF- I bought it at about 3 inches. Its the one where you see a blurry close up of an anubias where there are a bunch of hairs (roots) shooting out everywhere. Thats the exact one that got 4+ feet. Just watch :52 (at 52 seconds).

Right before the shot of the barteri is the shot of my first piece of petrified wood. Its small. Its only one piece. But it was the beginning of this tank now!!! I decided then I would do a petrified tank...

The plants are my big 3-
Java Fern
Anubias (nana and barteri- I now add coffeefolia as well)
Bolbitis

And theres also a few others (crypts etc) but in then end I bailed them all!

But thought it might be cool for you guys to see where this tank is headed! The video is its great grandfather!

I also was going to ONLY use plants from that original tank but the tank owner was too busy as a biotech engineer to chop me some rhizomes... So I just got new plants. Thanks for killing the dream Travis... (actually hes a good guy!)

The tank in the video is the tank that seeded 6 more tanks...