The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tomb Raider Petrified Wood Anubias Garden- evolution pics p.1! video 3/6
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
whitepapagold
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah925 View Post
Great concept built into a great tank. Have you thought about fish stocking yet?
Other than the stock list on the first post- Im not adding much.

I had 15+ CDPs but in a week most died out of NOWHERE (After almost 2 months of no problems at all). No other fish deaths, parameters fine... weird. It was really strange, BUT with all that petrified wood, I could run into some serious leeching issues... I knew that going in. Its not like lace rock where you know the majority of its contents!

I may replenish the CPDs but Im not 100% sure. You cant see how beautiful they are from where I sit and watch the tank so I may go with something else.

BUT Ill probably just add a pair of peacock gudgeons and call it a day. Ill need something to pray on the shrimp population anyway!

In my personal tanks, I stock like it should be- not like it could be! Honestly, 99% of the tanks Ive seen over 20 years are severly overstocked...

If you leave more room, the fish act MUCH more naturally and live wayyyyy longer. Not to mention all the extra filtration and water changes...

Me I dont EVER do scheduled water changes... And I dont want to start now! Once the plants take Ill mostly just top off evaporation and call it a day!
whitepapagold is offline   Reply With Quote