The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tomb Raider Petrified Wood Anubias Garden- evolution pics p.1! video 3/6
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
whitepapagold
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadimShevchuk View Post
If your gonna rune your lights 14 hrs a day, you will get an algae farm. Nice start!

Thats just not true! I am actually UPSET that the slab which was COVERED GREEN- no white- has been polished almost clean again!

Ive been running the lights for 14 hours a day since JUNE... So nope- not an algae farm. Unless you think it takes 3 months for algae to grow...

Between the ottos (which I forgot to list), the shrimp, the rubber lip and MOST OF ALL the candy stripe- algae woes never existed. The SAEs are doing great on the filament algae but I still remove some from the back wall once a week.

But the week I got the Candy Stripe is the week my algae really started disappearing!

Ive been TRYING to over grow algae for the theme... My cleaning crew is already ahead of the game and the cherrie shrimps are breeding like they are on crack.

Balance. I could run my lights 24 hours a day and have NO algae issues... But that wouldn't be right for the fish.

Ive set up 5 large tanks EXACTLY like this (professionally)... The only thing thats changed for me over 20 years is adding cherry shrimp to the amanos (and some others but its the breeders that change the game entirely!) and being able to afford all petrified wood...
whitepapagold is offline   Reply With Quote