The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jeffrey's "Big Boy"---120g Planted: Updated 4/18/2014 w/ pictures
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #109
jmhart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
Those Angels are sweet and the tank is looking great. Did I send you that A. ulvaceus? I sold it someone and forget who. At any rate, it was way too big for my 75g, but I do miss it. I don't like A. crispus though. Too leggy. Do sell me a baby of that Nymphae when you get one; that's a neat morph. Oh, and I think you won't be able to keep all 13 angels, unfortunately. When mine got a bit bigger than yours are now (8 in a 75g), I started seeing too much aggression. I sold half of them and things are fine now. I'd guestimate that you'll have to go down to about 8 soon, and probably not more than 3 pairs ultimately.
Yeah, all my Aponogetons came from you...and yes, the crispus was ultimately too much for me. I don't remember if you sent me 3, or if it divided, either way, I ended up passing all 3 on...one to Over_Stocked and the other two to people I forget. It's in his 75g now...kind of neat to follow a plant around.

The Ulvaceus is incredible. If I ignore it for than about a week it sends up a flower. Not really a problem except the flower stalk grows like 12" a day.

We've got a big club auction on Sept 19. If the angels (6 of them, not all of them) aren't gone by then, I'll probably put them in the auction.
jmhart is offline   Reply With Quote