The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New 55G Planted Tank, Wouldn't Mind Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
soundgy
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to soundgy

That's some great stuff Dark! I will experiment will the sponges and aluminum sandwiches and see what works best. I like the GFI idea ALOT, but am a lil more scared with essentially shorting a high voltage circuit than a low voltage circuit. Although, from the theory behind it, your idea is WAY more safe than mine is. Can't wait to start experimenting. I've got some flex money coming in and I'm on vacation from the 14th - 31st, so plenty of time to build and play with the aquarium. I'm designing all of the electrical into a project box of sorts that will be mounted with the barrels. Toggel switches and LEDs galore! I'll post more pics and ideas as the become available. This isn't really a speculation thread either, I will be working on this pretty much daily, and I have already started purchasing the required electronics to make this work. Thanks for all of your suggestions so far guys! Please keep them coming! I could used some aquarium suggestions too! Fish, plants, lights, anything will be welcomed.

Matt
soundgy is offline   Reply With Quote