The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New 29g tank Journal (need advice as well)
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
esab
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default *update*

So far so good, but I want to make sure it stays that way. So in my last post I stated that I broke my bubble counter, well it seems that my diffuser wasn't all that great either. I just don't think I have enough pressure behind it to push through the airstone in the diffuser. So I decided to get a Hagen Elite Mini Filter and make a diffuser out of it from a post I saw online. It is working great! The little CO2 bubbles seem to be suspended in the water and seem to be getting dispersed pretty well. Problem is, is that today when I came home I had a lot of algae on the front of my tank and there was some foamy bubbles on the top of the water above the CO2 diffuser. I have the diffuser all the way at the bottom of the tank. I'm not sure if those bubbles are ok or not, but I don't want to lose my fish or my plants (I have 2 pearl gourami, 5 leopard danios, 1 bamboo shrimp, and 6 ghost shrimp with about 15 cherry shrimp on their way). Does anyone know what those bubbles are? I've read that it's because of poor water quality, but I just did a water change about 2-3 days ago. Also no one has written me back about the white fungus like substance growing on my DW or about preventing plant clippings from going up the intake on my filter. When my tank gets cleaned (my snails love algae ) and I get a few more fish in there i'll take some pics. Thanks for looking.
esab is offline   Reply With Quote