Thread: Cardinal plant
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
Aphyosemion
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Aphyosemion
Default Cardinal plant

Does anyone know anything about the cardinal plant? I can't quite remember the scientific name, but it is something like lobelia cardinalis or something (I have the plant tag at home). I bought it from Petsmart and the little tag says it is a true aquatic foreground plant, but it is not acting like one. Shortly after putting it in my tank, I am seeing a lot of die off of the leaves, the way some plants act when they are grown above water and you submerge them. Some of the groups of leaves have also broken away from the main plant and floated to the surface. I am not sure what is causing this, but I have seen my cherry shrimp swarming all over it and wonder if they aren't chewing it up.
Has anyone bought this plant before? Did it fall apart before sprouting roots and becoming established?
-Aphyosemion