The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   RMS AquaCulture still around? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94948)

THaehn 10-16-2009 04:19 AM

RMS AquaCulture still around?

I remember this store had like 4 locations around NE Ohio. Are any of them still around? I managed to find their website but none of the catalog links work. If they are still around, is the place worth visiting? I have had to buy fish from petsmart and they are all diseased. I've had 5 fish die in the last 2 months...

Please let me know.

Burks 10-21-2009 03:04 PM

I was there maybe.....6 months ago? I forget which one.

It was a nice place. Not fantastic, not horrible. I was there the day before a new shipment so not much was to be seen. What I could see were healthy fish.

THaehn 10-21-2009 07:19 PM

I Appreciate your response. Any fish stores in the NE Ohio worth even mentioning? I know there are a bunch of people that have aquariums here but where do you get your livestock?

Burks 10-21-2009 10:32 PM

Honestly, I can't help you. I know of very few between Cleveland and Columbus (my current area.....guess I should change my profile eh?), so I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of luck. Haven't bought a fish since I moved back here.

Now Toledo, different story. Ever head that way please stop by Trilby Tropicals!

Stasiu 10-21-2009 11:09 PM

RMS isn't too bad, the last time I was there was months back though. I've been to the one near Parma. They're probably your best bet for a general fish store in that area. Plants aren't usually in the best shape though, every time i've looked there was quite a bit of algae in the tanks and on the plants.

Aquarium Adventure was in Brook Park but they closed down. If you're into cichlids, there's a place near Cleaveland called Something Fishy. http://www.somethingfishyinc.net/ . They have really nice fish, and always healthy. In the cellar they have a hatchery where they breed many of the cichlids they sell. I know he can order some fish too if you're interested too.

I think there are some more places in the Mentor/Ashtabula area that may be worth looking into. I don't know of any other places

justin182 10-26-2009 04:08 AM

as far as i know, there is only one location of RMS aquaculture.

6629 Engle Rd
Cleveland, OH 44130-7943
(216) 433-1340

It is a pretty good place for saltwater fish in Cleveland area.
Freshwater fishes are OK. Plants usually covered with algae....

Something Fishy is a pretty good place for fish that you won't find in RMS or other chain pet stores (ex: Petco). Do be aware that due to rarity, the fish there could be expensive.

4764 State Rd
Cleveland, OH 44109
(216) 398-0607

wespastor 02-10-2010 07:29 AM

There's this place where RMS used to be.

John's Aquarium
4927 Robinhood Drive
Willoughby, OH 44094
(440) 975-9090
http://www.johns-aquarium.com

Mon - Sat 10 - 8
Sun 10 - 5

Burks 03-06-2010 01:08 AM

Just got back from RMS. They had a TON of freshwater fish. Discus were in lousy condition but the tank was cloudy leaving me to believe there was a bacterial bloom or something. I don't keep discus, so I really didn't care.

I did walk away with:

2 Trapdoor snails
2 Zebra Snails
1 Siamese Algae Eater (hoping to take care of my hair algae battle)
2 bunches of Bacopa
2 bunches Rotala indica

All algae free! I was rather impressed with their stock and prices. GBR's were $6.50 and in rather decent condition. A few lookers in the tanks too!

problemman 03-11-2010 06:56 AM

i got a panda garra from there a few weeks back and i cant find them anywhere got him for 9 bucks he is so funny and a great looking fish. i like that place alot!

justin182 12-08-2010 07:43 AM

RMS got the new fluval ebi set now. Go if you don't wanna pay for shipping.

Plant-wise, if they just arrived, they will be good. But if they are there for over a week or two, algae will conquer...

Krayz5183 12-24-2010 08:36 PM

I went to RMS for the first time on tuesday....First i'd like to say that is an awesome store...best i have been to so far...But i wanted to let everyone know that they have the fluval ebi tank in...fluval shrimp vitamins and food....fluval shrimp substrate and they also have lots of shrimp in...they have crystal reds...cherry shrimp...blueberry shrimp...amano...orange bee shrimp...red nose shrimp....and they were getting several more kinds in...they more shrimp we buy from there the more they will order for us

Burks 12-24-2010 09:48 PM

Interesting. What were they asking for the CRS? I'm not too interested in the rest you posted (hard to breed/need salt/etc).

Krayz5183 12-24-2010 10:56 PM

they are 6.89 each with 20% off that until dec. 31st...not a bad price...pure convience of not having to have them shipped peaked my interest...im like you though not too interested in the others except the cherries...they are very nice loking...hopeing if people start buying them there that they will continue to get other types

Burks 12-25-2010 05:18 PM

Wouldn't mind finding some Tigers at closer to $4, I'd be in for those.

justin182 12-26-2010 02:03 AM

Yup, they definitely have had some more shrimps lately. They used to only have Amano and RCS before, as far as I know. I got some RCS from them before. I will most likely get a CRS a or 2 to see if I can keep them alive. Too bad that I will miss their 20% off holiday sales.