The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Other Websites (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rumford Aquatics, had a face lift, check out the site (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89956)

A Hill 07-03-2009 12:17 AM

Rumford Aquatics, had a face lift, check out the site

http://i25.tinypic.com/w9up20.png

You might have clicked the link in my signature and seen a completely disfunctional website for about a year. Well since school has been out and I've got a new MacBook Pro I've been working on the website a lot more than I have in the past and it looks halfway decent.

I'm uploading pages slowly and there is still a lot of content to fill in but my goal is to have a store set up and running completely by September of this year. It may not have the paypal shopping cart system by that time but I should have it set up so you can at least pull up a "send email" and allow you to email me the order then I would have to give you an invoice or something.

So please keep an eye on it and let me know what you think along the way. A few forum members have been helping me or will be helping me so their help is appreciated.

So who can guess who made the new logo?

-Andrew

pandapr 07-03-2009 03:48 AM

good luck with that !!

been very busy but haven't forgot about the shrimps !

is it “Wabi-Kasu” or Wabi-Kusa ?

ZooTycoonMaster 07-03-2009 06:09 AM

Cool! I wish I could visit the store;)

So by the looks of it you'll be able to ship CRS?

Axelrodi202 07-03-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZooTycoonMaster (Post 873060)

Will he give his good freinds at TPT a discount? :hihi:

A Hill 07-08-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandapr (Post 873011)
good luck with that !!

been very busy but haven't forgot about the shrimps !

is it “Wabi-Kasu” or Wabi-Kusa ?

It is wabi kasu but I'll double check as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZooTycoonMaster (Post 873060)
Cool! I wish I could visit the store;)

Eventually, the store will be open in september at the latest:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axelrodi202 (Post 873086)
Will he give his good freinds at TPT a discount? :hihi:

Well there will be a free shipping deal for TPT members I think.

Then again, they have to spell friend correctly for the discount.

-Andrew

Superedwin 07-09-2009 12:19 AM

Woah! Looks great ,what an improvement from last time! Keep it up by September its going to look fantastic, cant wait to see the shop. GOOD JOB! :D

A Hill 07-09-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superedwin (Post 875402)
Woah! Looks great ,what an improvement from last time! Keep it up by September its going to look fantastic, cant wait to see the shop. GOOD JOB! :D

Thanks,

That other WP based site was just dreadful, I never put the time into it it deserved.

I just need to figure out how to rig the site with the PayPal shopping cart with the software I'm using...

But it'll come along sooner of later. Lots of boring nights over the summer for me so I have the time to work on it.

-Andrew

Axelrodi202 07-09-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hill (Post 875221)
Well there will be a free shipping deal for TPT members I think.

Then again, they have to spell friend correctly for the discount.

Darn typo.

A Hill 08-12-2009 11:22 PM

I've been working on it slowly a lot won't be released until its all done but until then I published the blog even though its not perfect yet and for the mean time I've set up just a list of stuff for sale on the main store page, none of the nav bar on it will actually work till october or so probably when and if I set up a paypal shopping cart.

Also, I apologize for not responding to emails. I didn't know that I had any and I hadn't realized I never set up that email account on my new computer. That will not happen again.

-Andrew

A Hill 08-13-2009 03:16 AM

I'm starting a FB fan page, so you can get updates a bit of a different way.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rumfor...8233372?ref=nf

Next is to figure out twitter...

-Andrew

A Hill 08-14-2009 12:20 AM

I now also have a twitter account!

Be a creepy TPTer and follow me why don't ya, there will be plenty of deep passages, updates on stock, special benefits like knowing what I'm thinking, ya know just oodles and oodles of amazing stuff!

I think that works?

Let me know,
Thanks,
-Andrew

A Hill 09-05-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hill (Post 892314)
I now also have a twitter account!

Be a creepy TPTer and follow me why don't ya, there will be plenty of deep passages, updates on stock, special benefits like knowing what I'm thinking, ya know just oodles and oodles of amazing stuff!

I think that works?

Let me know,
Thanks,
-Andrew

Follow me on twitter?

I'll be giving people who follow me first pick at certain new things, same with people on my FB page and whatnot.

Thanks,
-Andrew

A Hill 09-11-2009 01:05 AM

For anyone who has tried to visit my website in the past week and had problems I apologize. It has been taken care of.

-Andrew

A Hill 03-25-2010 08:49 PM

So I'm using bit.ly to get some simple metrics on my sig clicking and amazingly someone clicked on my sig in this thread so I thought it deserved an update!

The website is currently being overhauled and if you have taken a look recently you probably noticed. I'm working on streamlining everything and making it as simple as possible no stupid $19.95 prices, no complicated shipping, simple simple simple. I'm also fixing some problems I've had with the site when viewed from IE especially the top navigation bar, I just redid that completely and it should be all set now for all browsers.

I also implemented a simple paypal shopping cart (getting the simple theme yet?) to make purchasing simpler.

Right now I'm expanding my growing capacity for flora and going to be focusing on moss mostly. You may have noticed my thread in the lounge about trading süßwassertang for other mosses, if you're interested let me know:icon_wink

I'm also really focusing hard this coming 4 weeks on upping the stock of dry goods like tools, hardscape materials, ferts, and other fun stuff of that nature. Nothing that I wouldn't use or at a price I wouldn't pay, which at times is difficult but fun none the less.

Future plans website related is to fix the blog. I'm probably going to do a wordpress blog with a very similar custom theme.

A while ago I wrote a business plan (The night before a contest for DECA came in third) for rumfordaquatics and never went back to revise and improve it. Since I'm going off to college in the fall and am going to apply for seed money and incubator space and whatnot I'm also in the revision process of this.

Lastly, in the future, I'm looking to provide some interesting products that no other aquarium company has really produced. Should be interesting:icon_twis

So feel free to check out the site, provide some feedback, join the facebook page, follow RA on twitter @rumfordaquatics, and if you have a product or know of someone who has a product that I should carry please let me know! (I'm talking about more hobbyist made products, not like Rena or ADA at the moment)

In other news, I was recently profiled for a book on young entrepreneurs that is most likely going to be published soon, which is just a cool thing to be able to say :hihi:

Thanks everyone, soon I hope to be making enough money to become a sponsor here and elsewhere and maybe go to the AGA convention as a sponsor. How awesome would that be?

-Andrew

jreich 03-25-2010 11:38 PM

good luck buddy! keep us posted...