The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Important Update/Announcements (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   The Planted Tank and Chatrooms. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89251)

KyleT 06-17-2009 11:55 PM

The Planted Tank and Chatrooms.

In the past requests to post information about "unofficial" planted tank chat rooms have been allowed and at one point we even had an official chat room on the forum.

As of today June 17, 2009 this will no longer be allowed whether via signatures, posts, threads or any other method.

Most of the time these chat rooms start off with great intentions but ultimately dissolve into a place that neither myself nor the moderators wish to be associated with.

If you have any links to chatrooms, or information about chatrooms please remove them immediately. The moderators and I will be removing any links we find or that are reported to us after a 24 hr grace period.

Thank you for understanding.

- Kyle

Haagenize 06-18-2009 12:59 AM

I was just wondering if there is like a formal like reason why all this is happening? Because I go on the chat regularly but I don't see what's so undesirable except for a few people. Except those few people do not, i repeat do not represent the whole chat room. Not accepting the chat room to be official I'm totally fine with, but basically banning all activity relating to it, that is what bugs me.

kid creole 06-18-2009 01:48 AM

Bad decision, IMO.

bgzbgz 06-18-2009 02:15 AM

I personally put a lot of time and effort into the chat, and now with the only existing links to the chat removed I might as well just stop coming. And the worst part is I don't even know what we did to deserve this. Oh well it was fun guys, got to know some really great people, and had some good times too.

danakin 06-18-2009 02:59 AM

Hey mods who are viewing this, we'd like ALL of your opinions on this, not just those who have been vocal about it in the past. Thanks.

Gatekeeper 06-18-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haagenize (Post 865354)
I was just wondering if there is like a formal like reason why all this is happening? Because I go on the chat regularly but I don't see what's so undesirable except for a few people. Except those few people do not, i repeat do not represent the whole chat room. Not accepting the chat room to be official I'm totally fine with, but basically banning all activity relating to it, that is what bugs me.

We are not banning activity. We don't own or operate the chat room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kid creole (Post 865377)
Bad decision, IMO.

Planted tank did just fine before. Can't see why we need it for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgzbgz (Post 865398)
And the worst part is I don't even know what we did to deserve this.

We are not moderating you personally. Use the chat room, don't use the chat room, its not our place to tell you not too. There will just be no advertised association from this forum any longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danakin (Post 865426)
Hey mods who are viewing this, we'd like ALL of your opinions on this, not just those who have been vocal about it in the past. Thanks.

Kyle's post IS our opinion.