The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Idaho (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Nampa/Boise Surrounding Area (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79227)

cojo0667 12-29-2008 12:20 AM

Nampa/Boise Surrounding Area

Hello everyone,

Please post here if you live in the Boise/Nampa area and please tell us what kind of fish, plants, exc. you keep. This will help people know what you have and who to ask for what if they want to buy or swap stuff.

cojo0667 12-29-2008 12:24 AM

Here is my reply:

I live in Nampa/Caldwell area.
I have a 75 gallon planted fish tank. I keep Bosemani Rainbows and Pseudomugil furcatus. I have a whole bunch of Java Moss if anyone ever wants to buy some. Also should be able to sell Red Cherry Shrimp in a few months if anyone wants some of those. If my rainbows ever breed I will sell them too, right now I have not been successful in breeding those.

If anyone keeps live food I am interested in whatever you have. I would like to breed daphnia but let me know what you have got!

brion0 12-29-2008 04:56 AM

Hi cojo,
Im in I.F. I moved from Nampa last spring. I have family their still, so im in town a few times a year. I would like to hear from others in Idaho who have planted tanks.

cojo0667 12-29-2008 02:29 PM

Me too, that is why I started this thread. It just doesn't seem like there is much of a demand for our hobby in this area. There aren't a whole lot of fish stores and only a few locally owned ones that I know of. None of them have any real selection of plants.

cojo0667 01-11-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CichlidHead (Post 761843)
Hi I keep and Breed African Cichlids and Plecos.And will be listing Some fish on Boises new fish trading site called Bidtunnel.com If anyone wants to trade/buy some nice fish check out my pictures there.There is a few people selling fish there my username is Cichlidhead.

is Bidtunnel.com just a boise area website?

CichlidHead 01-12-2009 06:29 AM

I think its based out of Boise it seems like everyone is using it. I am going to list some fish there when I get the time.I know that there is a guy from Boise selling a bunch of Fish on there.I have been watching his listings because the fish look nice and cheap.

Do you still have the rainbowfish fry? Are you looking to sell/trade some.

brion0 01-12-2009 06:41 AM

Welcome CichlidHead,

Nice to hear from another Idahoen.

cojo0667 01-16-2009 03:45 AM

I will sell or trade them once they get bigger and we can tell what they are.

cojo0667 01-16-2009 11:55 PM

Hey Guys,

I am looking to sell this lighting fixture. Here is a link of all the specs. I have had it for 1 year, works great, just looking for something different, more light.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3060840

If anyone wants this I am looking to sell it for $100. Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

kgross 02-26-2009 12:27 AM

The link for your light does not work.

But I wanted to let you know that if you need any aquarium supplies, or even used aquariums I carry or can get a lot of stuff for you. I do saltwater Reef tanks, just don't have room for freshwater right now, but if I could figure out where to put the tanks I would.

Kim Gross
Jen's Saltwater Haven
332 W Dewey Ave
Nampa ID 83686
208-209-3573
www.jensaltwaterhaven.com

Triv 01-12-2010 08:19 PM

Nampa here.. need plants.. Willing to buy/trade.

Sakmeht 01-30-2010 10:52 PM

Hi all,

I'm from Nampa and have a 30 gallon low-tech setup. Tetras and a bristlenose pleco. Lots of MTS. I'm still pretty new, so I don't have any extra plants to trade but I've got lots of old equipment and tanks hanging around (10, 25, 50, 55) that I might be willing to trade for help in getting my new 75 gallon low tech project up and going.

Triv 01-30-2010 11:17 PM

What do you need help with? Been building mine up slowly but surely.. loving low tech/el natural

Sakmeht 01-31-2010 06:44 PM

Hi Triv,

Mine will be slow-going. I'll probably be looking for new hardware for the return from the sump as before we just had plastic tubing. Probably an upgrade on my pump. I'll be needing new lighting as right now I have a shop light that holds 3 40watt T8's or T12's, I'm not sure which. And I'll need substrate and plants, of course! But we're expecting a baby in July and even if I can get a bunch of this stuff in trade, we'll have to shell out some cash for a good deal of it. I'm going for low-tech. I like crypts, anubias and swords and I'm thinking about going with MTS for substrate, but I haven't worked out how much it costs or what is involved for prepping it yourself.

There's still a lot of research for me to do. My husband is pretty handy but it comes down to him having the time to help me with some of it. I'm glad to know there's another hobbyist in the area. It would be fantastic if we can work out trades in the future! :)

Sarita

Triv 01-31-2010 06:56 PM

Definitely. I doubt that you will need to upgrade the light. I am currently running 4 t-8's over a 24 inch deep diy 100 gallon and my plants are al growing well. I got my substrate from Lowes for about 4 bucks total, though I should have went to International Stone in Boise and picked up what I really wanted. I am using regular old potting soil for my substrate capped with pea gravel. Topsoil is super cheap if you go that route. I've gto 3 different swords, if they end off shooters I'll gladly trade them with you.