The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eheim Pimp (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6471)

Thooshe 03-30-2004 05:11 AM

I just purchased a new 2215 and love it. It's quiet as a mouse.

So now that I have joined the club, what does it take to receive pimp status?

ninoboy 03-30-2004 05:29 AM

I think you just did :D . I wonder what could possibly been done on Eheim filters that make them so quiet and other companies can't duplicate them. It's not really rocket science.

Splash 03-30-2004 12:20 PM

Didn't Eheim make the booster pumps for the shuttle? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninoboy
I think you just did :D . I wonder what could possibly been done on Eheim filters that make them so quiet and other companies can't duplicate them. It's not really rocket science.

rumples riot 03-30-2004 11:16 PM

To make Eheim pimp status you have to tell everyone about them and how much better they are than all the leading brands and at every single opportunity.

Just like now, they are the Roller of the canister filter world, quiet, great looking, easy to maintain, designed for long duration, hardly ever breakdown.

So if you do something like that at every opportunity you can; you will be a real Eheim pimp just like me. :D

Paul

geodiscus 03-30-2004 11:27 PM

Great Filter, I would also like to be in the Pimp Club

Momotaro 03-30-2004 11:34 PM

Congratulations!!

You are now members of the Eheim Pimp Squad! 8)

Mike

George Willms 03-30-2004 11:41 PM

There goes Mike letting everyone be an Eheim pimp again. Where's the proof, I say?

Thooshe 03-31-2004 12:49 AM

Thanks for the pimp status. Now I will preach to the uninformed masses and convert the heathen.

corigan 03-31-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Willms
There goes Mike letting everyone be an Eheim pimp again. Where's the proof, I say?

Mike's a pushover, anybody can be in the pimp squad according to him.. :)
I'd like to join, I have a 2213 and a 2215 and they are the best cannisters around.. :) Does anybody else say eheim like they are shouting a german slogan?

Matt

rumples riot 03-31-2004 01:02 AM

I think we should establish some rules to be in the Eheim Pimp club. Personally I have been saying things about Eheim for years, had the filters for at least 17 years. Love all their products.

So now for rules, what does everybody think? And like George said we have to have the proof, maybe some pics of your filters.

One must walk around with a copy of their manual in their back pocket, like some sort of bible, which can be thrust out at a moments notice to attest to the worth of the mighty Eheim. :lol:

Come on lets see how crazy we can get.

Paul

corigan 03-31-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumples riot
One must walk around with a copy of their manual in their back pocket, like some sort of bible, which can be thrust out at a moments notice to attest to the worth of the mighty Eheim. :lol:

Only a True Eheim Pimp would know that manual could quite possibly be the worst manual ever written.

Matt

rumples riot 03-31-2004 01:09 AM

Yes, but only the true pimp knows that the badly written manual is really coded to prevent the other canister users from ever understanding the real miracle of the Eheim equipment. Hallaloyah, praise be the Eheim in all its mighty splender and glory, long may it rain over the other inferior pieces of equipment.

Think I might go and sit in front of the shrine and make many praises to the Eheim God for giving me the forsight and good sense to purchase Eheim. :)

Paul

Thooshe 03-31-2004 01:55 AM

Some of us had to walk down the wrong path several times. I started with a HOB, went to a Magnum, then Fluval. Once I hooked up the Ehiem, I saw the error of my ways.

wellbiz 03-31-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thooshe
Some of us had to walk down the wrong path several times. I started with a HOB, went to a Magnum, then Fluval. Once I hooked up the Ehiem, I saw the error of my ways.

And had you bought a Filstar you would still have money for plants...Heheheheh "Jason is now running for door being chased by angry mob"
:shock:

Jason

Momotaro 03-31-2004 02:05 AM

OK! I am a pushover, am I??? :wink:

I nominate myself for president of the Eheim Pimp League!

I am running:

2- 2026s
Surface Extractor

And

carry all of these spare parts: