The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   Plants (
-   -   New and improved Plant Database ~ need submissions! (

CampCreekTexas 07-16-2007 04:56 PM

New and improved Plant Database ~ need submissions!
Kyle worked long and hard on revamping the Fish and Plant Databases here on the Planted Tank. They now have a clean, fresh look and are much more user friendly. Take a look ~ they're now accessible from the "Fish Profiles" and "Plant Profiles" links at the top of each page. All of the profiles from the old databases have been moved into them, but they still need more profiles.

Here's where you come in...

If you have a good photo of a fish or plant, upload it! If you don't see a profile listed for your particular fish or plant, add it! If you don't know the details about the fish or plant, do a quick Google search and compare two or three sites' information to make sure the info you're adding is accurate. It's easy! If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding a new profile, but have photos you won't mind being posted, PM them to me and I'll do the legwork. :)

Don't have any photos? You can still help! Look up some fish or plants you have experience with and add a comment to as many as you like. Real experience from real people is what will make these databases invaluable resources for new and old aquarists alike.

If anybody has any questions about this ~ what to add, how to add it, etc. ~ feel free to post here or PM me. I'll be glad to help you any way I can. :)

jrs 07-16-2007 05:47 PM

This is much better! When I sell plants to other aquarists who are new or relatively new to planted tanks I always print out species sheets for them.

I really like the comments from different people and their varied experiences. Thank You for doing this.

KnaveTO 07-16-2007 08:00 PM

Yes thank-you all for your hardwork and dedication to thei project. I will be sure to add information and pictures as I have them.

CampCreekTexas 07-17-2007 09:05 PM

Thanks, but I've hardly done anything, y'all. It was Kyle that spent weeks on coding it and Wasser, Yoink and Wolffen that moved the vast majority of the info over from the old databases into the new. So I'm here playing "cheerleader" to take up some of my slack. ;)

Thanks y'all for adding to it, too! :) Even if you only have time to do a comment one day, a photo a few days later ~ it'll all add up! :)

tusk 07-20-2007 01:44 AM

I just wanted to say thanks for the work. It looks good. It's always nice to have a good database of plants and this fits the bill.