The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Current-USA and Ecoxotic (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Sneak peak at the new plant light! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=470401)

Current USA 11-01-2013 06:25 PM

Sneak peak at the new plant light!
 
:eek5:

At 10:10 minutes, you'll get a sneak peak at the new light!!

We took your feedback and put it into our new light at ECOXOTIC, Current-USA's sister company!

leaked features:
PAR: 120+ micromoles at 12 inches! with one row of EXTREMELY bright LEDs
will come in 12, 24, 36, 48 inches with extendable legs
comes with inline ramp timer with automated ramp and moonlight and remote!
dynamic settings like lightning, cloud cover

This light is SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR YOU. Comment if you want your recommendations and feedback to be incorporated! No other questions will be answered because everything finalized has already been stated above. Pricing, timer specs, functions etc. are still in the process of being finalized.

Kevin

Warlock 11-01-2013 07:02 PM

Nice!

glennon 11-01-2013 07:09 PM

Looks very interesting!

Is the pricing going to be significantly more than the Satellite+ line? I have the 48" version and like it a lot. Does this control the regular lights and moonlights independently? Or do the moonlights just stay on? It would be nice if they could ramp down too at some point so you could have total dark time. It would be cool if there was a way to adjust the overall brightness easily, too, so that if you didn't want high light, you could pull it down to, say, medium light.

husonfirst 11-01-2013 11:17 PM

Cool, but no 18" or 20"?

Brian_Cali77 11-02-2013 12:16 AM

Sweet! Me wants! :)

Current USA 11-02-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennon (Post 4591857)
Looks very interesting!

Is the pricing going to be significantly more than the Satellite+ line? I have the 48" version and like it a lot. Does this control the regular lights and moonlights independently? Or do the moonlights just stay on? It would be nice if they could ramp down too at some point so you could have total dark time. It would be cool if there was a way to adjust the overall brightness easily, too, so that if you didn't want high light, you could pull it down to, say, medium light.

Hey Glennon!

Not sure what you're referring to. The white and RGB LEDs can already be controlled separately on the Satellite plus and can also be dimmable. The remote and controls will almost be identical to the Satellite plus.

Current USA 11-02-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husonfirst (Post 4593177)
Cool, but no 18" or 20"?

it has extendable legs! :icon_smil

U2Kent 11-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Current USA (Post 4594417)
Hey Glennon!

Not sure what you're referring to. The white and RGB LEDs can already be controlled separately on the Satellite plus and can also be dimmable. The remote and controls will almost be identical to the Satellite plus.

I think what he's asking is the same thing I'm trying to figure out, will I be able to use a Pro-timer to put my Whites & RGB's (moonlights) on separate schedules for my Satellite+ ? or will this new light be wired differently to account for being able to do that?

A ramp timer is useless to me if I can't set my moonlights to come on for a few hours after my regular lights go off.

If that won't be possible then I need to know ASAP so I can return my Satellite + while it's still covered by the store I bought it from's return policy.

This new light is exactly what I was hoping I'd be able to do with the Satellite+ from the looks of it.

Psiorian 11-02-2013 03:32 PM

Super nice light! Hope it'll be out before Xmas :)

Current USA 11-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U2Kent (Post 4596130)
I think what he's asking is the same thing I'm trying to figure out, will I be able to use a Pro-timer to put my Whites & RGB's (moonlights) on separate schedules for my Satellite+ ? or will this new light be wired differently to account for being able to do that?

A ramp timer is useless to me if I can't set my moonlights to come on for a few hours after my regular lights go off.

If that won't be possible then I need to know ASAP so I can return my Satellite + while it's still covered by the store I bought it from's return policy.

This new light is exactly what I was hoping I'd be able to do with the Satellite+ from the looks of it.

Check the initial post:

"comes with inline ramp timer with automated ramp and moonlight and remote!"

So yes, moonlight will be automated with the controller that comes with this light as well as the ramp timer pro.

U2Kent 11-03-2013 11:13 PM

Okay, so... to confirm. If I buy a ramp timer pro for my Satellite+, I will be able to accomplish the same thing as this new light is capable of... I just won't have the same par rating from the sounds of it.

Sorry if this is confusing, just trying to ensure that I'll be able to use my Satellite+ ramp up/down both daylights and moonlights if I have the right controller.

maxwellag 11-04-2013 04:12 AM

I am hoping to get one of these when they are for sale. Will it have the thunderstorm mode like the Sat+s do? Will the ramp timer be able to do blue LED moonlights after the light fades out? Any ETA on when this will be available?

Current USA 11-06-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U2Kent (Post 4604258)
Okay, so... to confirm. If I buy a ramp timer pro for my Satellite+, I will be able to accomplish the same thing as this new light is capable of... I just won't have the same par rating from the sounds of it.

Sorry if this is confusing, just trying to ensure that I'll be able to use my Satellite+ ramp up/down both daylights and moonlights if I have the right controller.

Ramp timer pro will control your satellite plus's ramp up, ramp down, and moonlights (at the least) :red_mouth

Current USA 11-06-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwellag (Post 4606018)
I am hoping to get one of these when they are for sale. Will it have the thunderstorm mode like the Sat+s do? Will the ramp timer be able to do blue LED moonlights after the light fades out? Any ETA on when this will be available?

Yup! the original post says there will be dynamic affects as well! My personal ETA is January but again, I'm not sure.

ipkiss 11-14-2013 07:18 PM

January?? :eek: I'm turning blue from holding my breath! :D I can't even show it off for my thanksgiving or christmas parties....
okay okay, where are my manners. Thanks for coming through with it. Can't wait!


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.