The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   CCAC Indianapolis Public Auction! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46302)

JenThePlantGeek 05-02-2007 07:21 PM

CCAC Indianapolis Public Auction!

Sunday May 6th! :proud:

South Side of Indy at the Beech Grove Holiday Inn (just off the 465 Emerson Ave. Exit).

70/30 split, don't need to be a member to buy or sell. Cash, check or credit payment methods are available.

Registration starts at 8 am and the auction goes from 10 am to 4 pm.

Plants, fish, and equipment - plus a silent auction and raffle! African cichlids, killies, and livebearers are favorites. I personally will be donating some nice plants and driftwood (fissidens, some NICE manzanita, a big mopani centerpiece, and a bunch of other stuff).

If you can be there, I really hope you'll come - it's sure to be a good time and everyone will find something they enjoy!

yoink 05-05-2007 03:34 AM

I'm down. Any one else going?

bgoodwins 05-05-2007 03:50 AM

I'll be flying into town to work on a major commercial flooring project. Its like theres cash in the floor! Maybe i'll swing by. Good luck with the CCAC. That name has a nice ring to it.

DiabloCanine 05-05-2007 06:55 AM

I plan on bringing some stuff by......DC

JenThePlantGeek 05-06-2007 03:25 AM

FINALLY got my car packed up!

I'm bringing:

2 drilled 20 Ls
1 10 gallon with (ugly) homemade stand
1 24" Coralife CP fixture, silver
9 box filters (7 medium, 2 large)
Donated bags of Soilmaster Charcoal and Red
LOTS of pellia (3 bags?)
Crypticorne retrosprilis
Anubias nana petite mother plant (~30 leaves)
Fissidens
Peacock/spikey moss
java moss
java fern babies!
Brazilian pennywort
Anubias coffeafolia
Anubias latifolia (sp?)
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Manzanita pieces
And a MONSTER MOPANI driftwood centerpiece.

Most likely other stuff I forgot...

Some of this will be donated for the silent auction, which will have rare plants and a fully ready to go 10 gallon planted tank setup. There will also be a live food culture kit which will include pretty much EVERY type of live food out there (grindles, micros, daphnia, vinegar eels, blackworms, redworms, brine, etc.). I'll be bidding on that :)

I hope everyone can make it! If you can't show up at 10 am, still come in the afternoon - we'll be doing buyer and seller registration all day long and towards the end of the day is when the prices tend to drop!

JenThePlantGeek 05-06-2007 03:25 AM

PSSST... Ohio and Illinois members! It isn't THAT far of a drive! :hihi: ;)

Boz 05-07-2007 02:05 PM

Jen, how did it go? I told Mike I was going to try to come in the afternoon, but we had family in from Ohio. What kind of deals did you get? Any rare stuff? Did you have a big turnout? I can't wait to go see all the stuff Mike came home with.

knuggs 05-08-2007 11:18 PM

I'm mad I missed the auction. I would of bid on some of your stuff Jen. My girlfriend graduated on the 5th and had a big party out of town. When is the next CCAC meeting?

Boz 05-09-2007 02:25 AM

Knuggs, the meeting are on the first thursdays of each month.

JenThePlantGeek 08-13-2007 06:18 PM

FALL AUCTION SEPT. 2nd AMBASSADOR HOTEL (formerly Holiday Inn BEECHGROVE) SAME LOCATION DIFFERENT NAME
Registration 8 am Auction starts at 10:30a.m.

Just like last time - and I plan on bringing a LOT of stuff!!!

Boz 08-13-2007 07:53 PM

Any sneak previews, Jen? ;)
I'm not missing this one for anything. I'll probably donate a few things as well. I have enders coming out my ears and it's so bloody hot for shipping.

JenThePlantGeek 08-13-2007 08:17 PM

Fissidens for sure, some large trefoil-leafed java fern, probably some goodeids, vals maybe, Sagittaria pusillea, Marsilea, not sure what all I'll bring. Maybe some manzanita too! I have lots of stuff to clean out :)

davefan13 08-13-2007 11:22 PM

do you have to bring anything? i have lots of guppy fry and some molly fry. also, is there an admission price?

thanks,

david

JenThePlantGeek 08-14-2007 05:03 AM

Here are the official rules: http://www.circlecityaqclub.org/modu...showpage&pid=4

To sum up:
No admission, no fee to buy or sell, you get a 70/30 split for anything you sell, pay with credit card or cash for what you buy, check out any time.

davefan13 08-15-2007 01:26 AM

sounds awesome. now just to get my parents to drive me up there :D