The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Anyone else in Cheyenne? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45147)

cowboy 04-08-2007 02:54 AM

Anyone else in Cheyenne?

Seems like a dead area? Feel free to drop a line.

Cloudfish 02-02-2008 09:29 AM

Mr

Greetings!
Well I'm not in Cheyenne but am in Casper. I thought I'd respond to this thread since it seems to be the latest.

I've had fish tanks of one sort or another for well over 30 years, but by no means an expert---certainly more questions than answers. At present I have a 65 and a 55 gallon. The 65 gallon is planted relatively nicely and I use a DIY CO2 system (yeast/sugar/etc) and I'm in the market for an inexpensive pressurized system. The 55 gallon needs revamped and is nothing to speak of. I'm also in the process of turning a 20 gallon into a vivarium and have plans for a paludarium in the near future.

cowboy 04-27-2008 01:49 PM

I love it, its only taken a year to get a response.

Cloudfish,

Where do you get your plants from, the only LFS down this way with anything to speak of has closed its doors. Not that its a surprise when comparing prices online. For the fish and plants I was happy to pay more. For equipment, no way.

AC

dogdoc 10-18-2008 03:05 PM

Sheridan here and checking in.

I pretty much have to get most things online. We do have one LFS that will special order things in for me if they can get it.

stephenpence 03-06-2010 02:00 AM

i'll bump this thread too.. cowboy you still around? i'm in Laramie and there's a plant gal here in town that's selling some aquatic plants. seem decently priced as well. also selling some guppies and what not. let me know if you're still in the area!

Erloas 04-04-2010 01:19 AM

Well I'm in Green River, which is farther away from Casper and Cheyenne then Salt Lake City, so I end up heading there if I need anything I can't easily get online.

Wyomingite 01-01-2012 05:45 AM

LOL, and a year later another one. Guess the screen name gives it away, but yeah. In Cheyenne. Any of ya still around, let me know.

Cheers,

WYite

BBradbury 01-01-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy (Post 400746)
Seems like a dead area? Feel free to drop a line.

Good morning cowboy...

Actually am in Greeley. But am probably as close as most of your Wyoming neighbors. Am never to busy to chat about the tank keeping hobby.

B

Alplily 01-02-2012 04:32 PM

I'm in Estes Park...

JoeandCarrie 05-22-2013 12:52 PM

Thought I would bump it, I'm in Cheyenne also. For another 3 years anyway..

I use Greeley LFS and Petco with the occasional trip to Fort Collins for most of the stuff I pick up.

Is anyone still active from this area? Would be nice to get a group together for coffee and plant swaps perhaps.

Donna120 02-03-2014 02:23 AM

Hi all, don't know if anyone is still here I see it's been a while.
Anyway, I'm in Cheyenne and I'm new to the aquarium world.
I am looking for black sand. can anyone tell me where I can find it here in Cheyenne?

JoeandCarrie 03-01-2014 01:46 PM

if you can find a tractor supply warehouse they sell black blasting sand. Its cheap and you get 40 or 50 pound bags(if I remember correctly). I think they were around 8$. I think there is one in northern colorado. They are everywhere in nebraska though.

How much do you need? I have a couple extra in the garage that I could offload. My shrimp tank took a backseat to life for a bit.

JoeandCarrie 03-02-2014 12:57 PM

Menards also carries the black blasting media - $8 a bag. I don't know what they call theirs though.