The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Sevenports (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   VIV Lily pipes etc. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420377)

SevenportsJohn 08-27-2013 08:04 PM

VIV Lily pipes etc.

Just wanted to let you guys know we have a whole pallet of VIV Lily pipes and other intake/return glassware coming in in a week or so. These will start spreading out and hitting stores soon. We also will start carrying their tools as well, scissors, etc.

If you want to see their product and what we will be distributing: http://www.viv.com.hk/product.php ( Thank god for google translate :P )

JohnD72992 08-27-2013 08:28 PM

Awesome another ADA knock off!!!

SevenportsJohn 08-27-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnD72992 (Post 4161769)

Hmm... your money, spend it where you like it.

JohnD72992 08-27-2013 08:45 PM

Quality before quantity

Psiorian 08-27-2013 08:45 PM

Awesome!

Where will we be able to buy this stuff once it comes in?

SevenportsJohn 08-27-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnD72992 (Post 4161841)
Quality before quantity

Are you even aware of what kind of quality VIV produces? I do, it is actually very nice. And there a quite a few members on here that have been waiting for it. Try it out first would be my suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psiorian (Post 4161849)
Awesome!

Where will we be able to buy this stuff once it comes in?

Once it starts to go out I will update this with where it is going and when.

freph 08-27-2013 09:30 PM

VIV glassware looks quite nice. I may have to buy a couple of pieces if the price is right. :) I also really wish some of these nice glass aquarium product companies would dive into the world of overflows. I love my Mame, but I'd sure love to see some other companies' takes on it. I also wish there were better glass CO2 diffusers....atomics, reactors, needle wheels and the like are really far superior to these old school diffusers in terms of efficiency and distribution.

Also, not sure what the deal is with people complaining about ADA knockoffs. Do people not buy offbrand soap/food? :hihi: I've got a no-name tank and a Mini M side-by-side and I can't tell a difference in them without getting up close. I bet if I peeled the sticker off of the ADA you'd be hard pressed to tell.

antbug 08-27-2013 09:45 PM

What prices are we looking at?

SevenportsJohn 08-27-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antbug (Post 4162297)
What prices are we looking at?

I would say for like one Large lily pipe you are looking at about $80 retail or more depending on where you get it from. That is an estimate. Not cheap but still much less than ADA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freph (Post 4162209)
Also, not sure what the deal is with people complaining about ADA knockoffs. Do people not buy offbrand soap/food? :hihi: I've got a no-name tank and a Mini M side-by-side and I can't tell a difference in them without getting up close. I bet if I peeled the sticker off of the ADA you'd be hard pressed to tell.

Not only that, but to the claim of it being a knock off and not the same quality... Let me say this, VIV is the exact same quality as ADA. Take from that what you will. But, you could figure it out if you did your research. ;)

Chronados 08-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnD72992 (Post 4161769)

It's called capitalism. I fail to see how it affects you. Open competition keeps the prices low and the options open

SevenportsJohn 08-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronados (Post 4162553)
It's called capitalism. I fail to see how it affects you. Open competition keeps the prices low and the options open

And product actually getting to the states right? :proud:

PK1 08-27-2013 10:54 PM

What would S-Scissors retail for approximately?

somewhatshocked 08-27-2013 11:07 PM

VIV easily rivals ADA for quality of pipes. Some VIV products are better.

I've seen retail for a lot of pipes in Asia and Europe with pricing around the $50-$60 range. $80 would be on the high side but still potentially worth it from the right retailer.

antbug 08-27-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SevenportsJohn (Post 4162649)
And product actually getting to the states right? :proud:

While I agree 100% with this, a "knockoff" (I use that term lightly as I've never seen them) product getting introduced to a new market will need more savings than that to make it. Why would I take a chance to save $10-$20? This is all coming from a guy who has nothing but ADA tanks and cheap ebay lily pipes, but they only cost $25-$40 shipped for a set.

Cal Aqua is a good example. Nice product and great quality, but only a small savings to the BIG name. I wonder how well GLA is doing with these?

Me personally, I'd be willing to spend around $100 for a nice, quality set (inflow and outflow). Anything more and I'll just buy the cheap knockoff ebay ones. In the end it's glass and it's only a matter of time before I break them.

Loco4Tanks 08-27-2013 11:20 PM

Just give me a english catalog and tell me how to buy... these'll work great on my new riparium