The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tank Journals (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   60p- Green Peaks (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385633)

Ach1Ll3sH33L 07-17-2013 10:33 PM

60p- Green Peaks
 
Dragon cove is no more, new scape is up.
More of an iwagumi style utilizing wood as opposed to rocks.
Likely start as iwagumi for the moment, then later on fill the background with stems to change things up a bit.
Tank will be dry started so fissidens can attach to the wood, aiming to have it filled around xmas time.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/DSC_7079.jpg

Bserve 07-17-2013 10:34 PM

Nice! Did you make the inflow/outflow tubes?

Couesfanatic 07-17-2013 10:52 PM

+1 same. Looks good, also curious about the pipes.

Dina-Angel 07-17-2013 11:07 PM

What type pf background is that and where did you get it, if i may ask? :)

I like the tank. How are the Blyxa doing in a low light tank? Was thinking about some of these for my tank.

CPDzeke 07-17-2013 11:19 PM

If you made the pipes, how did you make them? Post a tutorial!

Jack Gilvey 07-18-2013 01:17 AM

Awesome 'scape. Going to be killer.

Ach1Ll3sH33L 07-18-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dina-Angel (Post 3849489)
What type pf background is that and where did you get it, if i may ask? :)

I like the tank. How are the Blyxa doing in a low light tank? Was thinking about some of these for my tank.

Blyxa grows well with at least 30 par, ive had it in non co2 setups as well and it does ok, grows slowly but doesnt melt.
Background is a window film tint you can buy at lowes or home depot, frosted color.

As far as the pipes, you need special s.s. bending equipment, and a welder if you want the suction cup pins. not cheap equipment but keep an eye on the sale forum, i might start making these on the side.

Ach1Ll3sH33L 07-30-2013 09:27 PM

Swapped the glosso for some h.c shortly after the last photos, wanted something smaller for the foreground. Iphone pic will have to do for now.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r31/null-2.jpg

Ach1Ll3sH33L 08-18-2013 03:47 AM

couple weeks back picture for a local contest
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r31/null-9.jpg

FlyingHellFish 08-18-2013 04:51 AM

She a beau! I dig the aquascaping, especially the middle pool of HC. How you liking the Current LED+, get any pearling with the lights? I miss the shimmer effect of LEDs but can't find a nice fixture WITH a remote.



Your tank is looking sweet, very clean. Got any more pictures, close up?

Brian_Cali77 08-18-2013 06:41 AM

Sweet setup.. I'm thinking of getting the 60P as well. Question for you... is that an Ikea Besta you're using for a stand?

Ach1Ll3sH33L 08-18-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish (Post 4089810)
She a beau! I dig the aquascaping, especially the middle pool of HC. How you liking the Current LED+, get any pearling with the lights? I miss the shimmer effect of LEDs but can't find a nice fixture WITH a remote.



Your tank is looking sweet, very clean. Got any more pictures, close up?

Led + is ok, i like the light but im not a big fan of the narrow field of light. It doesn't have a wide optic, so it casts a shadow, more so with my scape because the rocks block quite a bit of the light. Im considering getting an inexpensive t5 ho light and re purposing this one. It grows plants well, just not ideal for my setup.

Ach1Ll3sH33L 08-18-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 (Post 4090378)
Sweet setup.. I'm thinking of getting the 60P as well. Question for you... is that an Ikea Besta you're using for a stand?

Its an ada style stand i made.
The ikea besta stand works well though, i had my tank on one before i built a stand.

Brian_Cali77 08-18-2013 07:43 AM

What made you decide against using it? I'm worried about durability/stability if I get it. Did it seem pretty sturdy? Did you reinforce it any? Thanks for your insight!

Ach1Ll3sH33L 08-19-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 (Post 4090570)
What made you decide against using it? I'm worried about durability/stability if I get it. Did it seem pretty sturdy? Did you reinforce it any? Thanks for your insight!

It was plenty stable, its ikea though so if you leave standing water on the surfaces, after a while it will bubble the laminate.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.