The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any Good Clean FW Plant and Fish Dealers in the Denver and North Areas

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  sumer 
#1 ·
I live in Longmont and just getting back into the hobby. I am building a Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 Planted tank and am looking for a good well stocked dealer. I have visited a couple I will not mention names but I was less than impressed and a couple that were pretty nice. But they are a good ways from me.
None seem to really be into plants all that much but you folks may know of some.

I don't wish to go further south thank south Denver like Highlands Ranch area. Yep I have been to that one and liked it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Up in Fort Collins there is no place that I could recommend to go, both places in town do not seem to be very into plants and the quality of them shows. I'm also just getting back in after a few years off and the best I could think is looking here on the forums for people selling or ordering online.

#5 ·
D&G Pets on Harmony in foco actually has a large selection of plants...According to their website they have the largest selection in the state of CO. Quality wise, they may not be as good as plants sold by members of this forum, but to say there's not a store in fort collins that is interested in plants isn't very accurate.

#4 ·
they are good, they sometimes are fighting algae problems, but a quick dip or getting there on the Friday they get the shipments in solves that one. They can custom order plants too.

as far as fish.... They can get some of the strangest stuff in lol. They do custom fish orders too

D&G is not too bad up in Ft. Collins, they will not order plants for you, and sometimes the quality can be poor when they have been sitting in the tanks for a while.

#12 ·
I have to say, I went to D&G yesterday to pick up another bag of substrate, and their plant selection is not nearly what it used to be. I was very disappointed. With that, I take back my comment about D&G having a large selection. Most of their plants do not look healthy in the least bit either.

I went ahead and stopped by Great White Aquatics on my way back to my apartment, and they had a much larger selection compared to D&G, but still minimal. I did not buy any plants, but it appeared that most of the plants were low light plants. GWA appears to be more focused on SW tanks.

#13 ·
This is what I saw when I went to D&G today! I talked to the guy there for a little bit and he said they just received the largest shipment of plants ever ordered in their store. Apparently they just acquired a new distributor that has a much better variety than the place they had been going through. All the plants looked in good health with a very large selection, probably the best I've seen. I am more impressed with D&Gs quality and choice at this point

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.