The Planted Tank Forum banner

Western Mass anyone?

5K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  nanous 
#1 ·
Lots of y'all near Boston. Anyone else here from Western Mass? Springfield? Noho? Someone is supporting these stores! Besides me that is!

#17 ·
Hey yall, been looking for ways to find other hobbyists in my area and came across this thread :) I'm in Worthington, MA.

Love Aqua View, Exotic Fish and Pet tends to be pretty rude and gives out false information, Dave's is just horrible... usually make the drive all the way to School of Fish in Indian Orchard for anything Aqua View can't provide.

Been wondering if I should make the effort to join PVAS...

#24 ·
I'd agree with Entomodonata on Fish Frenzy, their tanks and specimens looked very healthy, but man what a mess! Personally, I can't deal with it, lol.

I'd also agree with the idea of a plant swap... maybe we could all meet in or around Aqua View some time :)

#26 ·
Fish Frenzy has gotten better over the last few months, and the owner Ed is a wealth of knowledge, both freshwater and salt. Sadly, nowhere near organized.

One way to get started on the plant swap idea is to either create a new thread or have everyone interested here list what they have to offer?

#31 ·
Hey guys, I'm from Allentown, PA but will be in Boston next Tuesday. On Wednesday I'll be coming home and was looking for possible stopping points along the way and this place came up as perhaps the best aquatic stop. Problem is they don't open till 1pm. If I arrive in Northampton area around 11am is there anything you guys could recommend in the area to do until they open?

#33 ·
Right on the way and the gf would love it, that might be perfect, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.