The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The dentist in Finding Nemo (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3248)

terrorbear 11-26-2003 10:01 PM

Just saw finding Nemo for the first time last night. The dentist must be a planted tank wiz because he's growing a
Madagascar Lace plant in a salt water tank with 86 deg water :wink:

Wasserpest 11-26-2003 11:58 PM

I noticed a few other things that didn't comply with science or common sense... But then I remembered this was a kids cartoon, from a company that invented 4 legged talking ants.

terrorbear 11-27-2003 12:17 AM

Yea. I just thought it was funny :lol:

Rex Grigg 11-27-2003 12:41 AM

HMm.... can you say PLASTIC?

Seamaiden 11-27-2003 04:21 AM

Yes, but it hurts. :x

NyCzBuBba 11-28-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Grigg

So this whole quest was done in a fish tank? I didn't know the ocean has plastic. LOL

m.lemay 11-28-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Grigg

There were no plastic plants in the movie. The plants were made entirely digital thru a computer animation program.... it's a cartoon. :lol:

Wasserpest 11-28-2003 10:11 PM

Oh man, and I thought all the time they actually filmed it on the bottom of the ocean :? :shock: :idea: :lol:

NyCzBuBba 11-29-2003 04:41 AM

Nope I think it was filmed in a fish tank..........I'll go onto the reef forums and find out whose was it. My LFS the clown fish now cost 25$ for the common one. I remember when they were like 4$ but now on the tank says *Finding nemo fish* 25$ LoL how messed up is that?

Wasserpest 11-30-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCzBuBba
My LFS the clown fish now cost 25$ for the common one. I remember when they were like 4$ but now on the tank says *Finding nemo fish* 25$ LoL how messed up is that?

Actually I like that. They should cost $100 now. Maybe with a rebate of $90 that can be turned in if Nemo has been doing good for 3 months. Would prevent all those "Mommy I want one of those... Okay, they should do fine in tap water... why isn't he moving?" tragedies.

NyCzBuBba 12-06-2003 08:01 PM

Ohhhh I just saw finding nemo. LOL I was like looking for that madagascar plant. LoL what is up with that fish tank he had? Don't usually salt water have Live rocks coral etc. Not Skeletons, bubble chests, fake plants? lol man I didn't see no protein skimmer or anything just a over the tank filter.

aeternum23 12-09-2003 12:08 AM

Yea, the whole movie made keeping aquariums look like an evil yet unrealistically easy-to-do hobby. I think the worst part was the "all drains lead to the ocean" remark. I wonder how many kids decided to empty their goldfish into the toilet because of that :( .

NFish 12-09-2003 05:25 AM

Well, most kid's goldfish are kept in impossibly small bowls, and they would die of ammonia or nitrite poisoning eventually.

singa 12-23-2003 04:46 PM

After the show was screen in the cinema, there was a sudden high demand for Crown fish in our local LFS.
Many parents bought 'Nemo' for thier kids without knowing the suitable environment and water condition for the fish. I overheard a father asking the shop owner if they're salt or freshater fish, another mother asking if they will bite.
I come across a family who bought a air pump, 1 feet tank and a pack of salt to keep 5 'nemo'. I wounder how long they can survive in that environment.
I feel like walking towards them and ask them to do some reading on the basic skills for setting up a proper aquarium first before they buy those poor adorable fish.

Zurp 12-23-2003 09:43 PM

I am the blue fish... what's her name... But I am the male version!

WWWWWhhhhhhaaaattttt ddddiiiiiiiiiiddddddd yyyoooouuuuu ssaaaaayyyy?