The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Houston and surrounding cities!!! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=309225)

JAYGEE 04-17-2013 05:35 PM

Houston and surrounding cities!!!
 
Hello All, I see this section is rather small. I would like to attempt to make it a place that gets a lot of traffic.

Texas is a big ass state so get your assess in here and lets to some buying, trading and selling!

I am looking for some beginner Cardinia Species shrimp, I dont want my neo's breeding so let me know what you got!

Also looking to some exotic plants for my tanks, I have 3 that could use some color other than green!!

Let me know what you got!

Jake

DoubleT 04-18-2013 12:29 AM

I have some s grade CRS and CBS, if you're interested

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 01:48 AM

Price?

And I know we are not the only ones in Texas posting in here?!?!?!?!

Come on guys lets get this Section hopping!!

aquarium hippy 04-18-2013 01:49 AM

OEBT in Houston
 
Im in Fort Worth and need some other than green plants myself.

Jason

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarium hippy (Post 3152921)
Im in Fort Worth and need some other than green plants myself.

Jason

Welcome to this thread! lol

I hope to be able to find you some with this thread!

It seems all the plants in my tank are green, green, green and more green! :icon_sad:

aquarium hippy 04-18-2013 01:55 AM

OEBT in Houston
 
1 Attachment(s)
this is my current project


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarium hippy (Post 3152977)
this is my current project


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Beautiful! Looks good Jason! Hope to get you some color in there!

Here are mine!

Here is my 24 gallon cube, looks like hell in a handbasket :icon_cry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psc500de47.jpg

My 2.5-3 gallon (still cycling)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps85a976d7.jpg

My 12 gallon long
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps3f463f21.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pseedab762.jpg

J.mccollum 04-18-2013 02:54 AM

i'm always looking for locals to buy from.
here is my latest project 11gal. still very new and a little foggy
hopefully going to host 2 dwarf puffers
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pi...ictureid=26313

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pi...ictureid=26321

magnum 04-18-2013 03:27 AM

Hello from Austin.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...ps33bb71a8.jpg

Flora:
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Cryptocoryne lutea
Sagittaria subulata

Fauna:
Celestial Pearl Danio
Ramshorn

Adam C 04-18-2013 05:46 AM

Nice job with the carpet. Was that DSM? Those luteas get a huge crown on them. I cut one after about 6 months and got over 25 plants off it :proud:

My only suggestion is to cut the intake (if possible) and move it to the back.

~ Adam

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnum (Post 3153977)
Hello from Austin.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...ps33bb71a8.jpg

Flora:
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Cryptocoryne lutea
Sagittaria subulata

Fauna:
Celestial Pearl Danio
Ramshorn


chrislewistx 04-18-2013 06:39 AM

Several nice looking tanks in this thread.

Magnum, what size tank is that?

Adam C. usually has some nice looking plants for sale, some with colors other than green. lol

Also, for people in the south Texas area the Hill Country Cichlid Club is having a swap meet April 28th.

http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/events.php
Swap Meet

Date: Sunday, April 28th 2013
Time: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Location: Schertz Community Center
1400 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, TX

magnum 04-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam C (Post 3155305)
Nice job with the carpet. Was that DSM? Those luteas get a huge crown on them. I cut one after about 6 months and got over 25 plants off it :proud:

My only suggestion is to cut the intake (if possible) and move it to the back.

~ Adam

Thanks. Nope, just a regular tank. I personally like luteas. When I transplanted the stems from the previous version of this tank, half the stems grew reddish brown leaves and the other half grew green leaves. I don't know if that is normal but I thought it was pretty interesting. I agree, I only recently switch to a Zoomed filter, and I only plan to keep this version going until the dwarf sag fills in as I just planted it. Before then, the lutea went coast to coast in the back. I have some interesting plans for the next version so the inflow and outflow will be much more aesthetically pleasing.


Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislewistx (Post 3155689)
Several nice looking tanks in this thread.

Magnum, what size tank is that?

Adam C. usually has some nice looking plants for sale, some with colors other than green. lol

I'm not sure on the brand; however, the dimensions are 35x33x21 rimless and curved front corners. I have more elaborate plans for the next version of this tank. Color is definitely a priority.

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.mccollum (Post 3153633)
i'm always looking for locals to buy from.
here is my latest project 11gal. still very new and a little foggy
hopefully going to host 2 dwarf puffers
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pi...ictureid=26313

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pi...ictureid=26321



Very nice!!! My bedroom is the only room with out a aquarium, I am hoping to sneak one in and hopefully the wife approves lol. What is the name of the reddish plant in the middle?

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnum (Post 3153977)
Hello from Austin.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...ps33bb71a8.jpg

Flora:
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Cryptocoryne lutea
Sagittaria subulata

Fauna:
Celestial Pearl Danio
Ramshorn


Very nice, I cant wait until my HC starts growing out!! Where did you get the clear pipe for the spray bar? I need some.

JAYGEE 04-18-2013 10:05 PM

If anyone in here has any flora, fauna or anything else for sale post up. All my tanks are getting started and I hope to be able to provide anything I can to those in the
GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.