Any comments?

I got some idea for plants here

I bought some plants:

Rotala rotundifolia
Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Microsorum pteropus windelÝv
Anubias barteri var. nana
Vesicularia dubyana.

I couldent wait - so i just bought the closest i got to my plans --- For now!

The Cuba:

Microsorum pteropus windelÝv tied to my root.

I bought some Amano shrimps, and they will soon be joining the tank :)

Finch_man 04-27-2006 11:17 PM

Very nice. How much did you spend on the tank and canopy?

h20 plant 04-27-2006 11:41 PM

Holly cow that is really a nice tank. I would have to be really ambitious to build that thing. The lay out if the plants will look great except the plant right behind the sticks I dont think it will be necessary with that moss wall and all. If you were to have something I would think something redder. One question how will you clean the filter does that pump come out fairly easy. I cant wait to see it all filled in. keep the updates coming.

fishcrazee 04-28-2006 12:02 AM

WOW!!! That's a nice looking nano. It looks a lot bigger because of the driftwood. It's really coming along nicely. Congrats on your wonderful homemade tank

filipnoy85 04-28-2006 12:21 AM

Mad props for putting in all the work you did for your nano! Turned out great and I'd love to see how it turns out!

deeplove 04-28-2006 01:35 PM

Pjerrot, after seeing the whole plan and the finished product I must say that you did an Excellent job. The nano looks great. How about building some and selling them? Mass Production = $$$

Anti-Pjerrot 04-28-2006 05:37 PM

hehe - dont think people in Denmark appreciate them like we do :)

I think the total cost for the tank, canope and filter was $50-60. A lot of the stuff (glass and polycarbonate) was free, and I didnt spend any money on tools... (Big saving!!!)

For the root and the the substrate fertilizor, i spent ~ 20$

The only real cost was the bulb and the pump

yoink 04-28-2006 06:57 PM

Simply beautiful. I can't wait to see it planted.

Rek 04-29-2006 05:46 PM

very nice prokect

Anti-Pjerrot 05-01-2006 07:53 PM

update - pics applied!

Big Bob 05-01-2006 08:32 PM

Ohhh dear god its g:icon_eek: rg:icon_eek: us! well done!:)

Livebearer101 05-01-2006 09:12 PM

Very nice, cant wait to see your next DIY project, a hood with a hole for driftwood? ;-)

Serious though, nice planting ideas and i hope the moss wall works. Generally very impressed with the filter.

Anti-Pjerrot 05-01-2006 09:49 PM

The CO2 is going nuts - theres lots of pearling :)

jeffboyarrdee 05-05-2006 09:02 AM

is that a grating in the back? i dont know if your amano shrimp will escape wen they climb up it...but thats how i lost all mine =( keep an EYE OUT and tell me how it goes...your tank is absolutley awesome!

Anti-Pjerrot 05-05-2006 01:53 PM

No shrimps yet - Co2 level is over 100ppm :)

Im starting to see some hair algee - due to too long hours of light (my timer broke)

Im cutting back on light to 6 hours.
Im waiting for my fertilisers - so i can start making some pmdd - or dry dosing...

Im thinking of adding some more stemplants - just to get better balance - wrong of met not to do that from the start...