The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/)
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/)
-   -   Attn: Newbies Shopping on TPT (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/293762-attn-newbies-shopping-tpt.html)

DogFish 04-01-2013 03:13 PM

Attn: Newbies Shopping on TPT

For you new members buying plants or paying for Shipping on a RAOK.

When you select "gift" the seller does not receive your mailing address from PayPal. Also should
there be a problem, PayPal will not act as an arbitrator in a dispute on a "gift" transfer. In a gift transfer
the sender(You) pay the service fee hence the seller gets the full amt.

If you choose this option it's important to send the seller your mailing address.

When you select "purchase" the seller gets you address and we have options to print mailing labels and
have PayPal send you tracking number notifications. The seller/buyer both have arbitration support from PayPal.

ALWAYS discuss the Sale/Trade/RAOK terms before you send funds.

- What happens on lost package?
- What happens on DOA, frozen, cooked plants?
- When will they ship
- Foam lined box/ Heat/Cool pacs?

Good communication is what makes good transactions happen and builds friendships.

acitydweller 04-01-2013 03:16 PM

i'd also add when possible, get photos of the actual items for sale... and not go by stock photos... minimizes confusion and misunderstanding down the road.

Its in your best interest to build friendships in a hobby as it lends for a more enjoyable experience. However be aware of folks who are only here for profit and will play the "bud" card to score a sale. Nothing wrong with that but be smart... and understand most people wont give you a full refund if a deal goes south... at best, they will work with you to get replacements while you pay for shipping again, or refund the cost of the goods minus shipping cost. This is the main drawback in comparing to a LFS...

DogFish 04-01-2013 05:19 PM

Good point on the Pics.

I don't think about that so much anymore as I only trade/sell/buy from people I know & trust.

NWA-Planted 04-01-2013 05:23 PM

Re: Attn: Newbies Shopping on TPT

Good points, didn't know about the address thing on gift vs purchase

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

seuadr 04-01-2013 05:27 PM

when you put it as a goods purchase, as a buyer, you can choose to pay the fee.

DogFish 04-01-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWA-Planted (Post 3001450)
Good points, didn't know about the address thing on gift vs purchase...

I ran into that trying to send out 2 RAOK boxes. Got em all packed up and no addresses. :confused1:

Isujustice05 04-02-2013 12:46 AM

Learn something new everyday

DogFish 04-02-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isujustice05 (Post 3006354)
Learn something new everyday

We all do. :icon_mrgr

dtejeda.arias 04-02-2013 05:33 AM

Dogfish: what are your thoughts on capping a dirt tank? I'm being a rebel and not doing it. Would like your opinion considering your poopadirt whatever else fell into the bottom tank substrate lol.

DogFish 04-02-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtejeda.arias (Post 3009186)
Dogfish: what are your thoughts on capping a dirt tank? I'm being a rebel and not doing it. Would like your opinion considering your poopadirt whatever else fell into the bottom tank substrate lol.

Let's post this on my Toxic Ten or I can PM you.

dtejeda.arias 04-02-2013 05:42 AM

Moved it to toxic ten. Sorry went off topic. I'm just still amazed by your dogs work of art

Silenced 04-02-2013 06:14 PM

Good advice!