The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Shrimp & Other Invertebrates (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=279130)

Msheresy 03-18-2013 07:40 PM

Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
Is this stuff RODI? Is it safe for my skrimps or do i still need to use prime or another water conditioner. It says no chlorine or chloramines on the bottle but obviously I want to be sure! Did a search on my phone when I was in the store but I didn't come up with anything so I bought only 1 bottle.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoffeeLove 03-18-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
Well if it tells you there's none in there I think it's safe to assume there isn't.

---
I give my fish coffee :)

Bananariot 03-18-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msheresy (Post 2864738)
Is this stuff RODI? Is it safe for my skrimps or do i still need to use prime or another water conditioner. It says no chlorine or chloramines on the bottle but obviously I want to be sure! Did a search on my phone when I was in the store but I didn't come up with anything so I bought only 1 bottle.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walmart sells gallon bottle drinking water green capped. That is RO water.
Cheaper than that betta stuff IMO.

Also some walmarts have a culligan water dispenser....super cheap since refills of 5 gal jugs is like $1.50. You have to shell out to buy the 5 gallon bottle first though.

Nubster 03-18-2013 08:33 PM

Yeah, way cheaper options. Don't waste your money on "Beta" water.

Msheresy 03-18-2013 08:34 PM

Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
Ill check for the dispenser or the green capped water tomorrow. Should I return the betta pro or do you think it is safe to use with my crs?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gordonrichards 03-19-2013 07:05 PM

Small bottle is a rip off. Return it. Get a gallon of water.

What ph is the water out of your tap at home?

-G

Msheresy 03-20-2013 09:09 PM

Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
Well I just did a marathon testing.

Tap
pH 8.4
TDS 35
KH 6
GH 3-4

Betta Water
pH 8.0
TDS 74
KH 7-8
GH 1-2

I also tested some of my tanks

Hex (did a large wc yesterday)
pH 6.8
TDS 75

55g
pH 6.4
TDS 147

29g
pH 6.6
TDS 78

3g ( fss substrate w crs)
pH 6.4
TDS 140
GH 6
KH 3

2g (fss substrate w rcs)
pH 6.4
TDS 143


I've only lived in this house for less than a month. The old house was a pH of 7 out of the tap. When I saw high pH out of the tap I almost flipped out because it occurred to me that I have never checked the tap pH in the new house. That being said, the tap seems better than the betta water. I would return it but I opened it to test it. What a joke!

So why is my pH so low in the non buffered tanks if my tap pH is so high? I never had this issue before but now I'm thinking I need to get some pH up for all my fish tanks (not shrimp). I didn't check every single tank but I have a feeling they are all on par with the rest.

Advise me please!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Msheresy 03-20-2013 09:12 PM

Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananariot (Post 2865170)
Walmart sells gallon bottle drinking water green capped. That is RO water.
Cheaper than that betta stuff IMO.

Also some walmarts have a culligan water dispenser....super cheap since refills of 5 gal jugs is like $1.50. You have to shell out to buy the 5 gallon bottle first though.

I went back and there was non with the green capped. There was pink and blue I think. What is it called? There were several empty bays on the drinking water aisle.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ravensgate 03-20-2013 09:19 PM

Drinking water or Purified water (grocery store labeling) is purified. Distilled would probably work but I stick with RO. There should be a water machine at the front of most Walmarts. Those are RO water. Cheaper to fill up gallon jugs than to buy them (.88 to buy, .37 for refills here).

Msheresy 03-20-2013 10:06 PM

Walmart Aqua Culture Betta Pro Water
 
I didn't see one of the water filling machines at this Walmart. I neglected to ask anyone though.... All the water I saw was either distilled or "spring" water.

Bananariot 03-20-2013 10:10 PM

If you look closely it should say processed by: (method) on the label.

My green capped bottles that I drink go something like this:

Great Value
Drinking
Water

Bottled BY:
Source:
Processed by:
Distributed by:

ravensgate 03-20-2013 10:46 PM

If there were empty areas you probably just went on a day they hadn't restocked. I think ours restocks on Thursdays.

plamski 03-21-2013 01:05 AM

Distilled should be with max. PH 7 KH=0 and GH=0.But it could be poison for shrimp if copper distillator have been in use.
Best deal is 5gal bottle from machine 1.25-2.00 per bottle
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ro+wa...r:45,s:0,i:221

Bananariot 03-21-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plamski (Post 2891186)
Distilled should be with max. PH 7 KH=0 and GH=0.But it could be poison for shrimp if copper distillator have been in use.
Best deal is 5gal bottle from machine 1.25-2.00 per bottle
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ro+wa...r:45,s:0,i:221

Yeah for sure, not all walmarts have them though. The one by my school has one, but mine at home doesn't.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.