The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Maine (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   looking for people in maine (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27176)

D&E Aquatics 02-22-2006 03:41 PM

looking for people in maine

who share this hooby. to share some info and to do some trading of plants.

turbowagon 02-22-2006 04:53 PM

I'm in Conway, NH, but my LFS is "Aquatic Concepts" in Westbrook, ME. Where are you located?

D&E Aquatics 02-24-2006 04:40 PM

I'm in

lisbon maine. about 30-40 min north, north eastof portland maine.

fosteder 02-24-2006 05:35 PM

I'm in Rochester, NH. How is Aquatic Concepts? I hate all the lfs in my area...

D&E Aquatics 02-27-2006 11:36 AM

about Aquatic Concepts

i was at Aquatic Concepts this weekend. as for lfs in maine it was not bad at all it had the most plants i've seen in an lfs maine. most of the plants were in go shape she told me that she was clered out of most of her stock on friday, more plant well be coming in on this trursday.

turbowagon 02-27-2006 03:14 PM

Aquatic Concepts is worth the drive. They don't seem to have rare or unusual plants, but they have a good selection of fish and catch them without a net, which is nice.

eon17 09-01-2007 02:54 AM

what do you mean without a net? like with there hands??????????

turbowagon 10-22-2007 12:32 PM

haha... they use a little clear plastic box and chase them into it.

J.farrand 07-14-2010 01:45 AM

Jay's Aquatics Salem, NH and check out Kensfish.com!

J.farrand 07-14-2010 01:49 AM

Hobbists in Maine Lets get together and make a club. I'm tring to find as many people as possible to make a network. That way as hobbists we can get the really good plants, fish and corals! My plants have grown and done things I would have never expected. When people really see how easy and beautiful planted tanks could be, they will want one.

DerCribben 04-18-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.farrand (Post 1108663)
Hobbists in Maine Lets get together and make a club. I'm tring to find as many people as possible to make a network. That way as hobbists we can get the really good plants, fish and corals! My plants have grown and done things I would have never expected. When people really see how easy and beautiful planted tanks could be, they will want one.

So how's that going for you? I'm going to take a stab and say that you and I are the two members of said club?:tongue:

I've thought about seeing if some of the local chain pet stores would let me set up a display tank in some of their stores in the interest of fostering some interest in nature aquarium planted tanks, get people to realize here that saltwater isn;t the only way to go for beauty in an aquarium.

Let me get MY tanks going first though before I start trying to put tanks out and about...lol

Chris

ssjones 04-22-2011 10:19 PM

I'd be interested in starting a club, Portland here, anyone interested feel free to message me

DerCribben 04-23-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjones (Post 1366946)
I'd be interested in starting a club, Portland here, anyone interested feel free to message me

Portland here too, good to hear there are more people here that are into planted tanks...

Would be down to start a group here but I can't promise how much time I could devote to it, lol but with 2 members sounds like there wouldn't be too much time required.

Looks like there are a couple people here, I know there are a lot of aquarium people here but not a whole lot of serious ones, and then those are mostly saltwater people.

What do you have for tanks?

Green024 04-23-2011 03:21 AM

It's about time more Mainers start showing up! Hello from Brunswick!

ssjones 05-07-2011 07:00 PM

I don't think I'd really ask for more than perhaps a monthly meeting, I think it would be a good resource!