The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   You know that you're too much into planted tanks when.... (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270210)

hedge_fund 03-09-2013 11:24 PM

You know that you're too much into planted tanks when....

your lady friend asks to do your dishes and says: "oooooh did you make mohitos last night since there's some mint leaves in the glasses?"

me: "that's not mint, it's Christmas Moss".

PS. no idea how there is moss in my drinking glasses.

:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/y...psfa5c91d5.jpg

Geniusdudekiran 03-09-2013 11:38 PM

You know you're a lucky guy when your lady friend asks to do your dishes. :hihi:

lauraleellbp 03-09-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran (Post 2778410)
You know you're a lucky guy when your lady friend asks to do your dishes. :hihi:

Where's my Like button? :bounce:

somewhatshocked 03-10-2013 12:04 AM

Haha! I love this thread.

Makes me feel less bad about the giant pyrex dish of moss I have growing (okay, the disheS, plural) in the kitchen.

Knotyoureality 03-10-2013 01:26 AM

Had a friend over for dinner recently, while I was feeding the fish he asked where the large colander was so he could drain the pasta. I should have been more precise, but it's a small kitchen so I just said it was "in the bottom cabinet". Cabinet one opens and closes, cabinet two, three, four...

Silence. I looked up from gazing adoringly at my newest shrimp to see him leaning on the kitchen counter, scowling. "Do you *bleepin* have fish *bleep* in EVERY *bleepin* cabinet?!"

Anyway, finally found the colander out on the balcony--forgot I'd been using it to rinse some gravel. Mea culpa.

Razorworm 03-10-2013 07:20 PM

Asked the wife for a beer last night, problem was, there was a big old bowl of blood worms defrosting right in front of the beer. As the bowl tipped and started to fall, she grabbed for it ( mistake number 1 ) her mistimed maneuver sent the fishroom evening special all over herself and the floor. She did not yell or scream, she just gave me that icy cold you're dead look ( second mistake ). While she was giving me the death stare, my Black Lab came skiddding into the blood worm mess and proceeded to suck them up like a vacuum on steroids. This is when she started screaming.:hihi:

Alaskan Fishface 03-10-2013 08:49 PM

Skipped dinner three nights in a row while setting up two new tanks after work hours. Just can't pull myself away. Poor hubby is starving to death!

Alaskan Fishface 03-10-2013 08:50 PM

But the fish and shrimp are fat and happy :icon_lol:

GMYukonon24s 03-11-2013 12:32 AM

LOL! This thread is too funny!

Sajacobs 03-11-2013 12:49 AM

This thread is too funny. I'm single so no hubby to have interesting exchanges with. But I have two goldfish friends I met through a goldfish forum. Everyday we email each other about our goldfish and how the plants are surviving against the odds. We email pics to each other when new plants arrive and how fat the goldfish are getting. We've been emailing for almost a year and there's always something new to talk about. Who would think a planted tank with fish could provide so much discussion?;)

Geniusdudekiran 03-11-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraleellbp (Post 2778546)
Where's my Like button? :bounce:

[:thumbsup: You like this] <---- right here :hihi:

mistahoo 03-11-2013 03:28 AM

You have jars all over the windowsills growing different plants.

You bring your DSM pico where ever you go.

You eat what you grow.

DarkCobra 03-14-2013 07:30 AM

When your lady looks over your shoulder at what's in your PM box, and calls you the "Dear Abby of Algae". :hihi:

amberoze 03-14-2013 09:01 AM

Re: You know that you're too much into planted tanks when....

When you literally cannot find a room in your house without something growing plants for your tanks in it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

h4n 03-14-2013 12:04 PM

When you turn a motorcycle shop into your planted tank room :)