The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   leaving the hobby :( (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261810)

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 08:07 PM

leaving the hobby :(
 
Regrettably, i need to leave the tank and frog hobby. I need to unload all my tanks. There too much to list currently. I will post a more complete inventory later, but suffice it to say the 125 is available, the 75 planted, 30g shrimp tank, 40b drilled, 40b mantella tank, 60g white's tree frog tank, 15g, 29bow, 20L.

Livestock include white cloud mountain minnows, a few cardinal tetras, 1 mantella baroni (frog), 8 mantella betsileo, 6 whites tree frogs, dubia blaptica cockroaches and madagascar hissing cockroaches and about 10 yellow shrimp.

This is pickup only. No shipping, no delivery, no trades, no reasonable offer refused.

joon 03-01-2013 08:50 PM

why do u quit???
sad news....:S
there will be no more swap meeting anymore

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 09:24 PM

Gotta move and i cannot take any tanks with me :(

Tinder 03-01-2013 09:28 PM

I've sent you pms

midlife_hobbyist 03-01-2013 09:48 PM

Dude,

This makes me sad and I dont even know you other than thru this forum...Hopefully things work out and you can get back into a hobby you enjoy...I know I left the hobby when I was younger and didn't get back in right away because I was always waiting for a bigger living space or to have more money....you never have "more money"....so I finally went to Thrift store last year and got a 20long and stand...Best decision I've made recently..

Good luck - I may PM you about some of your equipment.

KingPlakat 03-01-2013 10:05 PM

Bill...where ya moving to? still want some guppies?

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midlife_hobbyist (Post 2693970)
Dude,

This makes me sad and I dont even know you other than thru this forum...Hopefully things work out and you can get back into a hobby you enjoy...I know I left the hobby when I was younger and didn't get back in right away because I was always waiting for a bigger living space or to have more money....you never have "more money"....so I finally went to Thrift store last year and got a 20long and stand...Best decision I've made recently..

Good luck - I may PM you about some of your equipment.

Thanks mid. I do appreciate the nice words. I may be able to get back into it. At least i hope to. Only time will tell now.

Feel free to pm me. I'm going to be unloading everything ridiculously cheap or free. :)

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPlakat (Post 2694154)
Bill...where ya moving to? still want some guppies?

No clue where we are moving to yet. I just know i can't take 1000 gallons worth of tanks with me and i hate to put them in storage when i know people out there would make wonderful use of them :)

Sorry buddy, gotta pass on the guppies :(

The Trigger 03-01-2013 10:18 PM

Omg.....

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinder (Post 2693802)
I've sent you pms

sorry Tinder, never got your pm

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 11:19 PM

ok, here's my plant list i have available.

sunset hygro
crypt. spiralis
c. zukali (with one runner)
c. x purpurea (wit 4 runners)
c. cordata 'thailand'
c. hudoroi
c. nurii x 3
c. nurii 'pahang'
c. wendtii 'florida sunset x 7
c. affinis
anubias nana
a. nana petite" x 11 most are large
a. angustfolia
bolbitis
blyxa japonica
ludwigia sengalesis x 3
lindernia rotundifolia
staurgyne repens
java ferns: standard, needle, windelov


numerous terrarium plants, including 3 orchids (pm me about the species)

discusonly 03-01-2013 11:24 PM

Bill,

Sorry to hear you are taking a break. I am interested in most of your smaller tanks. I won't be a hoarder so I'll wait for others to get their chances first. Let me know what you have left when you have to move them so we can work out something.

Are you staying in Philly?

Van

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 11:28 PM

equipment
125 gallon with home built stand
75g with iron stand
40b drilled for bulkheads
15g with hood and light. currently a roach vivarium, but background is easily removed
a few 10 gallons, a couple are rimless
60g, currently housing white's tree frogs, but if you want the tank, i can keep the frogs elsewhere
40b paludarium housing 1 mantella baroni. (see signature)
30g currently housing a couple crs and about 10 yellow neos
20L x 2
55g tank
20lb co2 tank with a standard (no solenoid) regulator
fluval 305
fluval fx5
ocean clear canister (water polisher)
4 foot odyssea 4 bulb t5ho light with built in timer
(2) 36" 4 bulb odyssea th50 (moonlights never worked and i do not have the plugs for them anymore)
4 foot zomed aquasun 2 bulb t5ho light
eheim 2213 (new in box)
exoterra ultrasonic fogger (new in box)

plus a ton of other aquariums supplies. (hob's, lights, ect)

Fishies_in_Philly 03-01-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discusonly (Post 2694978)
Bill,

Sorry to hear you are taking a break. I am interested in most of your smaller tanks. I won't be a hoarder so I'll wait for others to get their chances first. Let me know what you have left when you have to move them so we can work out something.

Are you staying in Philly?

Van

a lot depends on if we can find a place in philly Van :) rental housing in the northeast sucks right now :(

discusonly 03-01-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly (Post 2695010)
a lot depends on if we can find a place in philly Van :) rental housing in the northeast sucks right now :(


Are you staying in the NE? Not sure what you are in a market for but I have a few place for rent in South Philly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.