The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   R. Imitator Chazuta tank. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259938)

shrimpo 02-28-2013 03:23 AM

R. Imitator Chazuta tank.
 
Trying to build a habitat for a pair of Chazuta frogs, the tank is 18''x18''x24'' exo terra.
Waiting on a nice selection of vivarium plants from Hydrophyte.
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps83d7d089.jpg

shrimpo 03-02-2013 01:31 AM

In progress:
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa9ba7041.jpg

shrimpo 03-26-2013 01:00 AM

Additional substrate mix and plants added, Thanks to Devin.
And a trio of young Chazuta frogs in there also, still waiting for them to call, once I figure out the male and female frog I will relocate the third one to another tank.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa2615cb3.jpg
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc8e2e13a.jpg
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf56a8112.jpg

umdterps96 03-26-2013 04:20 PM

those frogs are awesome...great set up

assasin6547 03-26-2013 04:28 PM

Nice!!! I'm thinking about doing dart frogs too! Where did you get the R. Imitator? [Sorry about all these questions...] What lighting are you using?

shrimpo 03-26-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assasin6547 (Post 2946346)
Nice!!! I'm thinking about doing dart frogs too! Where did you get the R. Imitator? [Sorry about all these questions...] What lighting are you using?

I got them from a local breeder. For the lighting I just use couple CFL bulbs, each is 10watt & 6500k.

assasin6547 03-27-2013 01:19 AM

*facepalm*

Why do I have to live in Colorado?

shrimpo 03-27-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assasin6547 (Post 2951066)
*facepalm*

Why do I have to live in Colorado?

You can also get them here http://www.joshsfrogs.com/frogs/all-...frogs.html?p=2

CannaBrain 03-29-2013 02:05 AM

Hey, Colorado is awesome! Are those tillandsia mounted on the back there?

shrimpo 04-06-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannaBrain (Post 2970066)
Hey, Colorado is awesome! Are those tillandsia mounted on the back there?

Yes they are but I will replace them with other type of plants instead, like Bromeliads.

Tokemoke 04-23-2013 09:29 AM

That's a really sweet setup. Those are gunna be some happy frogs. Q: what plant is that in the middle with thin leaves and red on the edges?

shrimpo 04-25-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokemoke (Post 3199729)
That's a really sweet setup. Those are gunna be some happy frogs. Q: what plant is that in the middle with thin leaves and red on the edges?

Thanks, I got that plant from petco I think its dracaena marginata.

Hobbes1911 04-25-2013 03:36 PM

broms or film canisters?

shrimpo 04-25-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbes1911 (Post 3218242)
broms or film canisters?

I added some broms already and the frogs are hanging in there all the time, I just made a DIY mister that keeps the broms full of water.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1894b286.jpg

Bserve 04-28-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimpo (Post 3218354)
I added some broms already and the frogs are hanging in there all the time, I just made a DIY mister that keeps the broms full of water.

How did you do the DIY Mister?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.