The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   New Club in Philly Area - DVAGA (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25747)

Shay 01-24-2006 04:26 PM

New Club in Philly Area - DVAGA

Jason and I put our heads together and decided it was time for Philly to get its very own planted tank club. We are working on the details but here's the format for the next couple of months.

First Meeting

Discuss what people want out of a club and how to proceed
Hand promotional material for member's local lfs
Door prizes (TBA)
Auction -
manzanita
plants
one year membership to AGA
12x12 Rimless Starfire Cube (a reserve of 50.00) (although this may be moved to the third meeting. )

Second Meeting
Discussion on dosing techniques (PMMD v EI or separate dosing)
GW fert care packages.
Auction

Third Meeting
Chris from www.oceanimage.net will discuss plumbing large tanks and the construction of rimless/braceless tanks. When and how a rimless tank can be constructed.
Back issues of TAG and PAM as door prizes
Auction

Fourth Meeting
Special Viewing of Convention Demos and follow-up discussion of aquascaping techniques. Nature aquarium versus the Dutch tank.
Auction

alex93se 01-24-2006 06:42 PM

Very cool. I'm interested in attending. Have you decided on a location yet?

Shay 01-24-2006 07:50 PM

It will either be in Conshohocken or in Phoenixville. I'm working on a new 120 gallon tank that should be up and running either by the first or second meeting. It would be fun to get input on the aquascape so maybe Jason will let me do the honors of hosting the first meeting. :) Look forward to seeing you there.

Fosty 01-24-2006 08:58 PM

I may be able to come to a meeting or two sometime, if guests are welcome. I'm way to busy to make the one or two hour drive this spring, but maybe sometimes.

Shay 01-24-2006 10:09 PM

The more the merrier. Hopefully we'll make a road trip to TPP too.

Shay 01-26-2006 11:08 PM

alex93se and Fosty,

We are looking at The third Saturday in Feb for the first meeting in Phoenixville. It would be great if you guys could make it. PM me if you need more info.

Erin

weaselnoze 12-24-2006 05:24 AM

anything ever become of these meetings?

Jason Baliban 12-24-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaselnoze (Post 348454)
anything ever become of these meetings?

Hey weaselnoze,

Absolutely, we meet every third sat of the month. Its been a ton of fun to meet local plant geeks. I hope you will make to one in the future.

Here is a link to our home on APC...there are tons of pictures of past meetings and things like that. Take a look at as many of the threads as you can.
Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardener's Association - Aquatic Plant Central- aquascaping...a living art

Here is a link to our website(still under construction)....
Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardeners Association - Planted Aquarium Enthusiasts - Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey

Please let me know if you have any questions.

jB