The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   Tank Journals (
-   -   My 10Gallon Planted tank (

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 12:09 AM

My 10Gallon Planted tank
Hello all this is my 1st ever post here and i would like to start by saying HELLO!

im 26 years a Soldier in the US ARMY i came to love this Hobby along time ago and just recently was able to take it back up..something about a nice Fish tank that can just really calm you down!!.

anyway here is a few pics of my tank :) and its inmates lol

raulfd4 02-21-2013 12:46 AM

Hey welcome to the TPT. I like your pics, especially the one of the snail wayyy out of his shell.

Nice work!:)

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 12:55 AM

thank you! that would be my Orange Rabbit Snail "Tylomelania zemis" i also have 3 other brown Rabbit snails but there not as good looking as the Orange :)

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 01:46 AM

Forgot to had my Hillstream Loach Hong Kong Pleco

Meganne 02-21-2013 01:58 AM

nice shots!

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 02:33 AM

thank you! i got pretty lucky with the snail shots...and my Hillstream loach is always hiding or never still! lol

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 02:58 AM

guess i should probably tell you guys whats in here it is

Breeding pair of High Fin Electric Blue Rams
x7 Rummy Nose Tetra
3 chocolate Rabbit Snails
1 Orange Rabbit Snail
2 Assassin snails
2 Apple Snails(they were the first thing i had in my tank and i just dont have the heart to let them go..there huge now..about golfball size
1 Hillstream Loach
1 Cory

Plants are

Flame Moss
Aponogeton Capuroni
Blood Stargrass (Didiplis Diandra)
Ludwigia Scarlet Fire
Rotala Wallichii
Pogostemon Erectus
Dragonfire Foxtail
Vesuvius Sword Plant
Dwarf Narrow Leaf Sagittaria
Vallisneria Corkscrew

Heater(Eheim 25W)
Light(Aquaticlife 20" T-5) ~36wat
Filter(Zoomed 501 Canister Filter) *i dont really like this all dont get it i love Canister filters but these was just not one that i would recommend..i think ill be going with a Fluval model..

I have some rocks in there that i got on Ebay..a little on the expensive side but well worth it for there looks
Seiryu Stones its a Japanese Slate.

I think thats about it...

I know you guys are probably scared that this tank is over loaded..and wile i would normally agree you have to know that i spend hours a day with my tank...and thats not an exaggeration..between the daily water checks PH GH KH Ammonia Nitrate Nitrite...general maintenance..and then just observing the tank and all my fish..just being able to say that you watch your fish for hours a day and know when the slightest change in character is taking place says alot..
plus if you look at the pictures you can see that my Rummy's have VERY bright red noses..and my LF EBR are doing very well..and have already spawned twice in my tank. so i hope that puts to rest any idea of poor quality in my tank..if it doesnt i will gladly listen..and thank you for reading my post/rant ;)

GMYukonon24s 02-21-2013 06:34 PM

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on your tank. I'm also a fan of the Hillstream loaches.

Joshlemos 02-21-2013 07:06 PM

I had a hard time deciding on some kind of an algae eater..i could have gone with an oto but then i found the Hillstream Loach and just fell in love..there small very active..and i mean you can see in the pictures have great looks ;) i got lucky and found some in a day ever! love finding little Gems like these

GMYukonon24s 02-22-2013 02:09 AM

Yea their really fast. I like them because there like stingray just in miniature form.

Conrad283 02-22-2013 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Joshlemos (Post 2600978)

Looks like alf ... Nice tank :)

Chrisinator 02-22-2013 02:56 AM

Very nice!

blue1delta 02-22-2013 03:26 AM

Cool tank! thanks for your service!

Joshlemos 02-22-2013 11:27 PM

@Chrisinator thank you :)
@Blue1delta thank you i appreciate it :)
@Conrad283 haha you know i never really thought of that..i always just thought he looked like an Elephant lol.

@GMYukonon24s yeah actually my Local pet shop sells them as Stingray Pleco's i tried to tell him that it was actually a loach but he didnt believe me lol

Joshlemos 02-23-2013 01:07 AM

Just a lil close up of the Hillstream Loach AKA Stingray Pleco aka Hong kong Pleco..aka fish that has to many names..