The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The new Photobucket blows. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245594)

lauraleellbp 02-14-2013 11:14 PM

The new Photobucket blows.
 
Ok so after trying to find workarounds for the past few weeks, I'm about to abandon five YEARS and THOUSANDS of photos and ditch photobucket all together- I cannot STAND the new format!

I've been playing a little bit with Flikr and TBH I am not all that impressed, either...

I just need something SUPER simple; hosting and organization are really all I want, I'll do my editing in another program before uploading to a host site, anyways.

Any recommendations?

Axelrodi202 02-14-2013 11:26 PM

I've used Imageshack for years myself. The code they give you may have links to their site and stuff but if you know your BB code you can cut it out to get just the picture.

Darkblade48 02-14-2013 11:31 PM

Imgur is not bad either.

acitydweller 02-14-2013 11:47 PM

+1 to imgur.com

GeToChKn 02-14-2013 11:56 PM

all mine are imageshack too. Just use the "direct" link on the side and then click the insert image button, and paste that link, done. No imageshack code or url's with it and never had a bandwidth warning like photobucket gives you.

Monster Fish 02-15-2013 12:10 AM

I switched over to imgur and I couldn't be any happier.

Nubster 02-15-2013 12:21 AM

The new photobucket really isn't much different. Works the same and just as well as it always did. Just looks a little different.

lauraleellbp 02-15-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nubster (Post 2543866)
The new photobucket really isn't much different. Works the same and just as well as it always did. Just looks a little different.

o_0

You must not use albums the way I do. And have a few thousand pics in your main album that newly uploaded pics just disappear into since now they're organized "by metadata" instead of date uploaded. (That last is my biggest beef... there's simply no point uploading pictures to photobucket any more for me.)

Not to mention it takes a bizillion clicks to get to the links on the pics.

hedge_fund 02-15-2013 01:01 AM

Switch over to the old view...they still allow you to do it.

lauraleellbp 02-15-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge_fund (Post 2544322)
Switch over to the old view...they still allow you to do it.

Nope, not any more. :mad:

I tried out the new version for a week right after it came out, got annoyed, and switched back. But at the end of the month they're automatically switching everyone, so I went ahead and made the switch again to try and make myself learn to use it.

Nope, too annoyed, read through the forums and found everyone else just as annoyed with all the same things as I am, so I'm ditching em LOL

Nubster 02-15-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraleellbp (Post 2544250)
o_0

You must not use albums the way I do. And have a few thousand pics in your main album that newly uploaded pics just disappear into since now they're organized "by metadata" instead of date uploaded. (That last is my biggest beef... there's simply no point uploading pictures to photobucket any more for me.)

Not to mention it takes a bizillion clicks to get to the links on the pics.

Your version must be different because mine works exactly the same as it used to, just looks different. Oh well. I'm still happy enough with it so no point in switching. I do have numerous folders and at least a couple thousand pics in there as well. Still working like a champ.

lauraleellbp 02-15-2013 01:36 AM

You pay for Pro?

steven p 02-15-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeToChKn (Post 2543634)
all mine are imageshack too. Just use the "direct" link on the side and then click the insert image button, and paste that link, done. No imageshack code or url's with it and never had a bandwidth warning like photobucket gives you.

This.

Nubster 02-15-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraleellbp (Post 2544650)
You pay for Pro?

Me? No. Just the free version.

DogFish 02-15-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraleellbp (Post 2544250)
....
Not to mention it takes a bizillion clicks to get to the links on the pics.

I'm not liking that myself.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.