The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Just got the Mastheson dual stage regulator (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240138)

jack25 02-09-2013 08:15 PM

Just got the Mastheson dual stage regulator
 
1 Attachment(s)
Got it on the bay. This thing is heavy duty. It's a beautiful piece of stainless steel mother lover.



Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

freph 02-09-2013 08:20 PM

Quite the beauty. You better do an awesome SS post body to match!

Darkblade48 02-10-2013 04:16 AM

Very nice! I look forward to your completed build.

kevmo911 02-10-2013 04:25 AM

Looks like the low pressure gauge might be busted. It's possible it's just gonna be off by 12 psi or so, but you may have to replace it. If that's the case, you may want to look into buying a new matching pair from a different manufacturer.

Darkblade48 02-10-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevmo911 (Post 2495762)
Looks like the low pressure gauge might be busted. It's possible it's just gonna be off by 12 psi or so, but you may have to replace it. If that's the case, you may want to look into buying a new matching pair from a different manufacturer.

Good catch! I didn't notice that at all.

jack25 02-13-2013 11:59 AM

I took apart the low pressure gauge and I was turning it back and I finally got it to stick at 0. I have yet to hook the regulator with the gauge to my CO2 tank so I don't know if the gauge is fixed or not.

On another note, the outlet diaphragm valve seems to be inoperable. I can't turn it. Is it because it will only operate if you have pressure behind the valve or should I be able to open and close the valve now regardless if it is hooked up to the CO2 or not?

One final question, what exactly is the output range for the Matheson 3813? Is it up to 30 psig or 60 psig?

Darkblade48 02-13-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack25 (Post 2528410)
On another note, the outlet diaphragm valve seems to be inoperable. I can't turn it. Is it because it will only operate if you have pressure behind the valve or should I be able to open and close the valve now regardless if it is hooked up to the CO2 or not?

No, you should be able to open and close the valve regardless if it is hooked up to CO2 or not.

In any case though, you will want to remove it to make a cleaner build.


Quote:

Originally Posted by jack25 (Post 2528410)
One final question, what exactly is the output range for the Matheson 3813? Is it up to 30 psig or 60 psig?

According to the specification sheet found here, this regulator has a maximum delivery pressure of 30 PSI.

http://www.mathesongas.com/pdfs/prod...-Regulator.pdf

PlantsPlus 02-13-2013 09:57 PM

30 psi of total output pressure?


Thats nothing to be too excited about.

TwoTacoCombo 02-13-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlantsPlus (Post 2533274)
30 psi of total output pressure?


Thats nothing to be too excited about.


There's really no need for anything higher unless you're using a diffuser that requires high pressures. Lower pressures just means the needle valve gets opened more to get the same volume. I run my reg at about 10psi into a max mix reactor..


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.