Opinions for planting this tank
Hey all, trying to decide on a plan of planting for this tank (sorry for the terrible picture quality). It's a marineland eclipse 3, only using stock lighting and no CO2. Anything I won't have to constantly be trimming sounds good to me.. the slower growing the better.
Here are some plants i've come up with so far as options:
- Fissidens fontanus or subwassertang for tree leaves (branches are very delicate, so I am worried about putting anything on that will overpower it.. must be a slow grower since it'll be hard to trim this tree!)
- Anubias Nana petite around base of tree.. open to suggestions to put elsewhere
- Elatine gratioloides or Marsilea minuta possibly for low light carpeting
- Christmas moss.. somewhere?
- Dwarf sag along back wall or possibly just back left corner.. or a stem plant of some sort?
From my understanding the plants listed can survive low light no co2 set ups? They dont have to grow fast.. I got all the time in the world if it means low maintenance lol.
Hmm, I think what I'm going to do is plant dwarf sag in the back left corner, place some anubias petite around the base of the tree and maybe 1 next to the rock on the left, put fontanus fissidens in the tree, and tie subwassertang to some rocks around the tank.. anyone see anything wrong with this plant combination?.. also, I only have Flourish Fundamentals kit, will any of these plants need other ferts?
If you want good growth in a low tech nano, NPT is your best bet. It will also be less labor intensive over time. The only real downside's are you wont achieve maximum growth and you give give up some control.
Edit: plant wise, everything on your list would work but you can easily have high light plants in nano's. Quite a few people have nice HC carpets in low tech NPT's. Light isn't going to be a problem. More likely your water chemistry, substrate and additional fertilizing (if any) will be the deciding factor on what grows best.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.