The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/)
-   Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/25-riparium-terrarium-vivarium/)
-   -   Looking for Vampire crab. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/25-riparium-terrarium-vivarium/235346-looking-vampire-crab.html)

shrimpo 02-05-2013 12:18 AM

Looking for Vampire crab.

I want to buy Vampire crabs, I couldn't find any for sell localy, do you know any online vendor that have them?

whickerda 02-05-2013 12:28 AM

www.brianstropicals.com

sheepsour 02-05-2013 05:15 AM

bugsincyberspace.com has them sometimes, but it doesn't look like there's any in stock right now..

shrimpo 02-06-2013 01:28 AM

Thank you all for the links, unfortunately the ones I am looking for are out of stock.

zoo minsi 02-10-2013 04:26 PM

This site has them, or had they all seem to be out of stock. Perhaps though you could contact them to see if they will be instock any time soon. Good Luck, also might try aquabid ive seen them there from time to time.
Vampire Crabs

pirasha 02-10-2013 04:43 PM

I've seen them before at reptile expos...so if you've got any coming up around you it may be worth checking out

gordonrichards 02-11-2013 04:29 PM

You should post this in the WTB section.

A friend of mine has them available, message me if you want his contact information.

-Gordon

flowmsp 02-13-2013 12:17 AM

21 Attachment(s)
Pet Supermarket can order them. I currently have six i house in a terrarium. They do charge 13.99 each though ><. Awesome little critters though. Four of mine are vampire the other two are the red devil variety.

Kitsune_Gem 02-13-2013 12:20 AM

82 Attachment(s)
If worse comes to worse, there is a shop who can get them in if asked for. You could always ask someone here (Livermore, CA) to pick you up some and send them to you.. Not sure how well they ship

shrimpo 02-13-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonrichards (Post 2509194)
You should post this in the WTB section.

A friend of mine has them available, message me if you want his contact information.

-Gordon

I contacted him already, Thanks a lot.

gordonrichards 04-16-2013 06:01 PM

vampires

Pm!

-Gordon

Warlock 04-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimpo (Post 2525170)
I contacted him already, Thanks a lot.

try to get captive breed.. or Long term captive.. most that are sold.. are wild caught and can be a little temperamental and die.. just a little fyi

i know a group that bought some "WC".. and most of them all died .. maybe just a few are left..
they do like humid air.. so be ready for that

Hobbes1911 04-16-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 3137809)
try to get captive breed.. or Long term captive.. most that are sold.. are wild caught and can be a little temperamental and die.. just a little fyi

i know a group that bought some "WC".. and most of them all died .. maybe just a few are left..
they do like humid air.. so be ready for that

Have you had any experience with them personally?

Warlock 04-16-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbes1911 (Post 3137969)
Have you had any experience with them personally?

no, but i researched and researched. not much out there, not much international either.. i knew the substrate i was going to use.. (zack from josh frogs helped out).. and then i was buying a batch from LFS>. a worker there and i were splitting the batch.. but some were DOA.. Bi Color and Vampire.. she held on to them to see if they would stabilize.. they never did and they died.. a group out of houston bought a whole bunch.. that was first place is saw them.. i followed their thread.. and after a few weeks they all just about died..

i know of a couple of people that have captive breed.. but only BI COLOR.. one in ausitn (only have Long Term Captive now), one in wyoming.. and another guy.. i forget if he is in this forum or another..

i got more involved with my discus and did not pursue anymore.. but now i may to my local guy here and pick up a pair for my office

Hobbes1911 04-16-2013 06:47 PM

what was the most difficult aspect of the wild caught specimen?