The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians) (
-   -   My new Vent (

Taari 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

My new Vent
When I got my azureus, I was debating between them and some ventrimaculata. I got the azureus because they are reccomended as beginner frogs and are big and bold. Well, my friend who gets all the frogs has to close down her shop, and she had a lone Borja Ridge vent that she couldn't take home. After some consideration, I decided to take her. Here she I exploring her new home. I am stunned by how teeny tiny she is, and how FAST she is! When I put her into the tank I thought I might lose her, she rocketed out of the small container I had her in and shot around the tank a couple times, i thought she might fly right out the top.

steven p 01-31-2013 02:47 PM

That's one adorable frog.

Taari 01-31-2013 02:54 PM

Thanks! She is so tiny she could sit on a penny!

Open_Cages 02-03-2013 09:04 PM

Wonderful vent. I love these guys. You should get a group.. they love to socialize, and breed like rabbits (if you have any that you need to get rid of, don't forget about ol' opencages ;))

What is the setup like? If you need any help, let me know. :)

Taari 02-03-2013 10:20 PM

Right now Lucky is in a 5.5 gallon tank by himself with some plants, branches and leaf litter. My plan is a 37 gallon penninsula tank and 4-5 more thumbs! Also, I refered to Lucky as male because I literally just now heard him start CALLING.