The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hawaii (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   HAS anyone going this Friday? (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230114)

mfurufuru 01-30-2013 09:11 AM

HAS anyone going this Friday?

Contemplating if I should go and join? Never been to one so not sure what to expect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

daboss808 01-30-2013 09:23 AM

Robert is a great mentor and a great fish keeper and breeder. They are many perks to the club. Auctions, members trading equipment, new breeds of fish, discount on fish supplies and fish to much to list. Alot of petlands employees are in the club. I haven't joined yet bu I been thinking hard about it. I know half of the members so I should join I just don't have the time yet

gowfan05 01-30-2013 10:01 AM

I used to go to the meetings and was part of club, but no more time as well. Its a nice place to meet people who share the passion of fish/aquariums. But to be honest, the AUCTIONS is one of the things that I loved because most times there are fish/plants/equipement that go for super good prices (sometimes ppl don't bid for fish that sell $20 at stores). And each auction is always different. Just my $0.02

eightoeight 01-30-2013 07:45 PM

I was just looking up the HAS last night. Wish they had more if an online presence, and or social media presence.

Missed out on the planted tank 101 :[ wonder if they ever cover shrimp/invertebrates.

RianS 01-31-2013 04:32 AM

If any of you are considering joining, now would be a great time as dues are annual and the only time the dues become prorated is July and after. Also February is the month where the club sells the grow outs to the members. It's a challenge within the club to see who can grow the largest fish from now to October (the time of the annual show). However this years grow out leaves room to be desired as they are selling tilapia.

daboss808 01-31-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightoeight (Post 2399058)
I was just looking up the HAS last night. Wish they had more if an online presence, and or social media presence.

Missed out on the planted tank 101 :[ wonder if they ever cover shrimp/invertebrates.

Hit me up if u need help with planted tanks and inverts I been doing this for about 4 yrs to date

Kai808 01-31-2013 09:34 AM

I might be going to the auction part. Everyone should join just for the discount from pet stores. I made my due money back from the discounts alone. But I do agree, they should have their own forum... but most of those guys are really old school when it comes to technology.

mfurufuru 02-02-2013 09:09 AM

Re: HAS anyone going this Friday?

Really wanted to go but my plans were foiled once again due issues at home...sigh..maybe next month. did any one go? Please share your experience if you did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Kai808 02-02-2013 08:16 PM

I got there late so I didn't hear the meeting part. The auction wasn't as good as others and I think it was because of the Punahou Carnival. Next meeting should be better. I'll try to bring plants to the auction.