The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (
-   DIY (
-   -   Grey barbs, reducers etc...pvc? (

VA2GXB 01-28-2013 07:57 PM

Grey barbs, reducers etc...pvc?
Hi guys,

So I'm angling to make an inline reactor for my planted setup (currently less than 10ppm co2!), I was wondering precisely what those grey fittings are made of. We do not have nice threaded end caps for schedule what to glue them in with. If they are pvc, then the cement will do

HD Blazingwolf 01-28-2013 08:50 PM

i believe they are abs plastic. ace hardware sells the barb fittings that screw in. so does lowes or home depot

slip barbs are a little harder to find, at least in my area

either way. pvc cement should work if u want to try it

VA2GXB 01-28-2013 08:58 PM

As does Rona, our version in Quebec...I must actually go to home depot! I have some ABS pipe left from a radio project...perhaps best to keep the whole thing ABS. Perhaps I'll have better luck finding threaded caps in ANS than PVC, and use the appropriate weld.

scapegoat 01-28-2013 09:48 PM

Ace by me has a nice selection of PVC bits and pieces that Lowes and Home Depot don't carry. They also carry reinforced tubing... I had issues with the plain tubing from lowes collapsing on itself, so got the threaded tubing from Ace.

Anyway... uh, yeah, Ace has some nice threaded pvc parts.

VA2GXB 01-28-2013 09:50 PM

No Ace in Quebec, mind ;)

HD Blazingwolf 01-28-2013 10:14 PM

either way, those barbs cement nicely i guess is hould have made that more clear. i've cemented them into pvc, and abs bulkheads to pvc just fine

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.