The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Shrimp & Other Invertebrates (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Crimson's Carbon Rili (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222185)

ch3fb0yrdee 01-22-2013 10:58 PM

Crimson's Carbon Rili
 
Not sure if this has been brought up, but it looks like Crimson has a new morph of Rilis they dubbed "Carbon Rili". These shrimps are black. They look pretty interesting enough. Wondering if they breed true.

Anyone have information or hear more about these guys?

Picture attached.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...psaccbcfeb.jpg

Discuss.

Bananariot 01-22-2013 11:12 PM

Black rili morph...I guess coulda came from a chocolate variant....I have a couple with similar patterns in my tank.

mordalphus 01-22-2013 11:20 PM

Needs work, lol.

aznrice247 01-22-2013 11:20 PM

These have been around for awhile. They do breed true. They are derived from chocolates. They are really expensive though. I heard that they go for 15 bucks each because they are still at that "new and in demand" level and they look stunning.

ch3fb0yrdee 01-22-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordalphus (Post 2321345)
Needs work, lol.

I do agree with you Liam. These guys don't look as solid as Red Rilis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznrice247 (Post 2321353)
These have been around for awhile. They do breed true. They are derived from chocolates. They are really expensive though. I heard that they go for 15 bucks each because they are still at that "new and in demand" level and they look stunning.

I just saw these while scanning around on AB for possible Taiwan Bee buys. I wasn't aware people had these already. Pretty awesome stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananariot (Post 2321265)
Black rili morph...I guess coulda came from a chocolate variant....I have a couple with similar patterns in my tank.

Please post a picture if possible. I would love to see what yours look like.

Soothing Shrimp 01-22-2013 11:26 PM

Don't know if they breed true yet. My P1 carbon rilis threw F1s, but too early to tell yet. If the F1s breed true, then I'll be willing to accept them as a pure strain.

Some have blue midsections, some clear. markings are random.

Sometimes breeders in their rush to sell offspring, sell a line that may not be ready as a true strain yet.

GeToChKn 01-23-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soothing Shrimp (Post 2321409)
Don't know if they breed true yet. My P1 carbon rilis threw F1s, but too early to tell yet. If the F1s breed true, then I'll be willing to accept them as a pure strain.

Some have blue midsections, some clear. markings are random.

Sometimes breeders in their rush to sell offspring, sell a line that may not be ready as a true strain yet.

Bane of the shrimp world now. It was about the hobby and the craft of breeding nice looking, true breeding shrimp that was around Japan and Taiwan. Then the Germans got in breeding, it spread to the rest of Europe and North America, and now everyone see's dollars signs, so any shrimp that looks different, isn't a mutation, it's a new strain and it's worth 10x what it should be, despite if they breed true or are even able to reproduce when you start cross mixing sub-species in. Some crosses are viable for 3-4-5 generations, then can't breed anymore.

There are lots of people with beautiful ti-bee's out there, that look like zebra's, pure white with black stripes, but they yet to be able to get them to stay fertile after so many generations or breed true (hint never be the first to buy white ti-bee tigers, lol).

Kinection 01-23-2013 12:22 AM

Makes me want to buy the ones from Vietnam... *sniffle*
3$ ech for solid color blacks. T-T

Bluek24a4 01-23-2013 12:27 AM

I've been waiting for a while to see pictures of these from someone who ordered them, not pics from a seller. Haven't seen anyone with a tank full of these yet.

Soothing Shrimp 01-23-2013 12:57 AM

Most likely you won't see a full tank of these for quite a while from someone other than a breeder. At $15 a pop for something that is not known to be proven to the shrimp world, and for a neo...well, let's just say you really have to be into the neo and mutations hobby like me (or insane) to even take a chance. Otherwise you risk losing $$$ to something that may not even breed true.

wicca27 01-23-2013 01:07 AM

yeah but some times if they dont breed ture it can be a whole other opportunity to get something cool like nessies hehe

speedie408 01-23-2013 01:08 AM

I'll snap some real deal photos of mine when I get them in ;).

Soothing Shrimp 01-23-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicca27 (Post 2322618)
yeah but some times if they dont breed ture it can be a whole other opportunity to get something cool like nessies hehe

+1 :thumbsup: :icon_smil :icon_excl

wicca27 01-23-2013 01:13 AM

shame on you speedie bringing up new shrimp commin in that i cant have man you make it hard to think about moving lol

speedie408 01-23-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicca27 (Post 2322682)
shame on you speedie bringing up new shrimp commin in that i cant have man you make it hard to think about moving lol

lol :wink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.