The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   everything gone (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219161)

Gregoryalln854 01-20-2013 07:36 AM

everything gone

For those of you that watched the news tonight in Portland, my house was the house hit by the SUV. Right in the middle of all the destruction was my new 75 gallon planted tank, I was so happy with how it was coming a long. The only things we found left was the bottom of the tank, part of the hydro heater, and part of one of the canister filters. Iall the lights, rocks, fish, plants and 50 lbs of Ada all disappeared. I'm sure the fish died on impact which make me feel better but it still hurts. I'm not sure when I'll be getting a new tank, probably won't be until the house is rebuilt, but I want to thank everyone I met on here. Hopefully I can start again soon. For those that didn't see it check out any of the local news channels, koin.com , kgw.com , kptv.com , katu.com , that was my house that got hit by the DUI driver speeding at a rate of 100+. I originally got the tank so I would hobby after I had surgery, 8 days after surgery this happened. I lost everything I own, but I'm thankful I'm a live. I miss my pond, and tank but I'm fortunate. I'll post pics of everything once I have a computer again. Thanks again for the friendships, god bless
Greg

MABJ 01-20-2013 08:07 AM

That's awful to hear... Good luck and God blessed, Greg.

I know you'll rebuild and be even stronger coming out of this.

zico_aqua 01-20-2013 08:13 AM

OMG! that's bad! hope everyone in the family is safe..god bless man!

Forumsnow 01-20-2013 11:56 AM

Wow that is a crazy story! "I just drove through your house" quote, how did you not kill the guy? Best of wishes to you, truelly terrible.

MiniFishRoom 01-20-2013 01:28 PM

Crap!
Sorry to hear that Greg. At least you and your family are safe.

Mahlady 01-20-2013 01:53 PM

At least you are alive!

Life sure throws some hard curve balls at us.

Take care of yourself.
Mah

notropis 01-20-2013 04:29 PM

Holy Crow. I hadn't heard about that, but what a shame. You have to be thinking, why me? Chin up!

HOLLYWOOD 01-20-2013 04:52 PM

Here's the news article:

Drunk-driver-crashes-through-SE-Portland-home

Sorry to hear about your loss Greg and to go through this after your surgery.

thelub 01-20-2013 05:06 PM

Wow I'm sorry for your loss! That looked like an epic wreck. Hope you get everything replaced! My buddy lives like a block away from you.

Sajacobs 01-20-2013 05:11 PM

I am so sorry to see the destruction done to your home and tank.

When you get your new tank, pm me. I would love to give you some of my plants. I don't have anything fancy, but you can have a helping to what I got.

I can't understand why adults drink and drive. Getting a taxi home would have been cheaper for the stupid guy then hiring a lawyer and ending up in jail (I hope they lock this guy up for a stint).

Wishing you a safe recovery and a quick rebuild of your home.

tivu100 01-20-2013 06:26 PM

That was scary! Who would think someone might drive and hit you in your own house? This is crazy.
Sorry to hear that, Greg.

blink 01-20-2013 06:49 PM

Wow, so glad you weren't hurt seriously.

Has your insurance said anything about covering it all or does it look like you've got a fight on your hands to have everything repaired and replaced?
I don't know how the law works down there, but I suspect if this drunk driving piece of crap has any insurance it'll be him paying for it.

brainwavepc.com 01-20-2013 08:46 PM

that's insane!! maybe we should ban cars now :)

let me know if you want any plants, ill hook you up. I have a 100g ill be getting rid of soon if your interested too. I'm over in beaverton. good luck man!

brainwavepc.com 01-20-2013 09:04 PM

just read the news stories... the guy got out and tried to fight you??? I would be filling him full of holes if you know what I mean. He should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon and attempted manslaughter. I cent believe idiot drunk drivers get away with this! he will probably get 6 months in jail or some BS.

Come by my store, I will give you a computer if you haven't got one yet.

Brainwave PC
19665 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy
Aloha, OR 97006

Sake 01-20-2013 09:13 PM

Holy crap, you sure he didn't bring a mini tornado with him? O.o I can't believe that you were in the house when it happened! I can only imagine the terror and confusion you felt. Glad he missed ya. Hope everything goes well with the insurance company.