The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge & Introductions (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rant and Rave!! (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215682)

LyzzaRyzz 01-16-2013 08:51 PM

Rant and Rave!!

So, on another forum im a part of, they have a thread called 'Rant and Rave'.
Its a thread that you can come and rant or rave about any problems or awesomeness you experience!
I feel its a great idea, and would like to start one here, if there's not one already! [I looked, couldn't find one!]

**As a rule, PlantedTank is off limits. No complaints about other members, threads, moderators or forum rules. Don't bite the hand that feeds!
**Im sure i dont have to say this, but please Watch Your Language! There are kids on here, what you wouldent say around your own kids or other yound people in person, don't say here!
**Rant!
**Rave!
**Enjoy!
** :bounce:
**Other rules to follow..=]

LyzzaRyzz 01-16-2013 09:01 PM

Ill be the first to start!!

My Rave is that Today i sent out packages to the SIX winners of my FIRST RAOK. I may have went a little overboard, but i wanted to make it count!
Also, there was a newbie who didnt win, so i put together a different package for her, with a stem or two of a bunch of different plants.
RAOK-ing feels so good! I felt like Santa bringing the packages to the post office! :biggrin:
My dads eyes when he saw how many..priceless!
And i even got more boxes...possibly for more RAOK's...:hihi:

My rant is...guppy fry. So. Many. Guppy fry.
I had just gotten all the fry, a food 60-80 of them out of my tank.
Later on that night, i look at the tank, and what do i see?!
GUPPY FRY.
Newborns, dozens of them.
I swear those guppies were Laughing at me!!

I hope this thread takes off, i really enjoyed this thread on the other site, and i know you guys are gonna love this!

thelub 01-16-2013 09:52 PM

*rant* Every time I look on craigslist when I have money, everything is WAY over priced. When I don't have money? Great deals all. day. long.

HD Blazingwolf 01-16-2013 10:00 PM

Rant... shipping takes tooooo long when ur waiting on it!

GeToChKn 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Can relate to all 3. lol.

Tear down a tank, leave 2 inches of water, put it in the dark, come back 10 days later, fill with water, 14 crystal shrimp babies living in 2" of water in 7.5gal cube that was cleared out of shrimp.

Everytime there is a group buy on shrimp in my area, I'm broke and the date I know for money will be good is always 2 days after the order date.

Waiting for a box and tracking insanely online for a box of high grade CRS and I know my mail person 90% of the time leaves a card and doesn't knock, spending half my day stalking the door.

rbarn 01-16-2013 11:26 PM

I hate rant and rave threads !!!!

ValMM 01-17-2013 05:04 AM

*rant* In class today people called frogs reptiles! We're in college people! You should know they're amphibians!

GraphicGr8s 01-17-2013 05:21 AM

*rant* Every time I look on craigslist when I have money, everything is WAY over priced.
Seems lately it's all overpriced down here. But there is a 125 for $100.

rant How could I possibly hide that from the wife? Has to be a way.

driftwoodhunter 01-17-2013 05:59 AM

Rant; somehow, fish get behind my Hamburg Mattenfilter. I found two Black Neons there yesterday when I did a water change. Just for kicks I decided to siphon the silt behind the filter - imagine my surprise when I found the two fish I thought died last month - lol. I can't find the gap they get through! Once, I found tiny Columbian Tetra fry - I ended up scooping 65 of them from behind the filter!

Rave; the awesomeness of people here on TPT. I'm perpetually broke, and all my plants have come from a combo of generous good sales and generous good RAOKs. Now there is a strong possibility a TPT member can make me a much needed stainless steel brace to replace the one that broke on my tank rim. I've been using a clamp to hold the tank together - lol Even if it doesn't pan out, the guy is really trying! I ask you, where else is there a community like this? :angel:

GraphicGr8s 01-17-2013 02:04 PM

I have to second this rave:

Quote:

Rave; the awesomeness of people here on TPT. I'm perpetually broke, and all my plants have come from a combo of generous good sales and generous good RAOKs. Now there is a strong possibility a TPT member can make me a much needed stainless steel brace to replace the one that broke on my tank rim. I've been using a clamp to hold the tank together - lol Even if it doesn't pan out, the guy is really trying! I ask you, where else is there a community like this?
Most of my plants have come from TPT members. All of which I think are above reproach.

acitydweller 01-17-2013 03:20 PM

Rave: Met lots of intelligent and scholarly hobbyists locally this past year. Learned a lot in this hobby with more to go!

LyzzaRyzz 01-17-2013 04:22 PM

Yay! Looks like its taking off!

My rant is this..I work at a pizza place, and last night someone forgot to turn the oven off! So it's like a hundred degrees, and smells horribly of gas..my asthma is going crazy!
And cause I was up til 4am rescaling my tanks, I got no sleep!
Definitely my fault, but I can stil rant, right? Lol
Rave: my boyfriend has a second interview today for a job! So exciteddd!

LyzzaRyzz 01-17-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraphicGr8s (Post 2265122)
*rant* Every time I look on craigslist when I have money, everything is WAY over priced.
Seems lately it's all overpriced down here. But there is a 125 for $100.

rant How could I possibly hide that from the wife? Has to be a way.

Haha! I'm sure you'll find a way!! I know I have! Lol

driftwoodhunter 01-17-2013 04:26 PM

I have a new rant; it's been raining for days (flooding actually) and today the rain is supposed to convert to an icy mix topped by up to 6" of snow. I hoped the mix would start before I had to leave for work so I could call in! lol But I leave in a hour and it's still just rain...

CoffeeLove 01-17-2013 04:50 PM

Rant: I have to lay a few pallets of sod down today. :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2