The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Planted Tank Discussion (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   deleted threads (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211162)

Razorworm 01-12-2013 01:14 AM

deleted threads

So there was this funny, as well as informative thread up this morning. Where did it go? :confused1:

driftwoodhunter 01-12-2013 01:34 AM

Was it the "fishless cycling" one? I just realized I haven't been getting updates on it...

gremmy 01-12-2013 07:48 AM

Yes. I am guessing someone must have taken offense to it. I came back here looking for the thread as well.

Oh well. There are other threads on this particular topic elsewhere on the internet if one is so inclined to search for them. From what I can tell, these are almost always accompanied by some reactionary nonsense of the type that likely got the thread here deleted.

Razorworm 01-12-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter (Post 2218618)
Was it the "fishless cycling" one? I just realized I haven't been getting updates on it...

yes, and I did not see anything offensive in it, however, I did'nt check it throughout the day. I can see something like that going bad, but it was pretty funny.

HD Blazingwolf 01-12-2013 12:29 PM

yeah that was a good thread... what went wrong?

funkman262 01-12-2013 12:30 PM

Some people are too sensitive...

DogFish 01-12-2013 12:57 PM

Maybe one of the funniest and enjoyable threads on here in a long time. I think we keep it pretty "clean" considering the topic. :wink:

There was one person that was complaining about it being inappropriate.

If that was why, it's unfortunate as we were also steering it into an educational thread. Funny how people that want a little nature in their homes, find a natural process so offense. I guess they think everything comes from the magic happy factory in sterile plastic bottles & bags made by singing Umpa Lumpas

Razorworm 01-12-2013 01:05 PM

"Umpa Lumpa's Fish Factory" should be the name for bgallodoro24's breeding business!

HD Blazingwolf 01-12-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFish (Post 2221642)
Maybe one of the funniest and enjoyable threads on here in a long time. I think we keep it pretty "clean" considering the topic. :wink:

If that was why, it's unfortunate as we were also steering it into an educational thread. Funny how people that want a little nature in their homes, find a natural process so offense. I guess they think everything comes from the magic happy factory in sterile plastic bottles & bags made by singing Umpa Lumpas

truth hurts man, i've learned people don't like it
on a little side ote
i almost followed through with a bet on here to drink a glass of tank water. i really was not worried until someone pointed out i might get sick from fish TB or have the runs for a few weeks. that being said i was still confident, i have two kids that depend on me to work though, so i called it off. ITS NOT PERFECTLY CLEAN NOR STERILE.. but that's what an immune system is for

ADA is that umpa lumpa.. their stuff at least looks clean. bags say DO NOT OPEN or let dry out to preserve special bacteria.. yada yada

driftwoodhunter 01-12-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFish (Post 2221642)

I agree that is was funny, but everyone's sense of humor differs. It was getting technical - in a good way - with links to articles I wish I'd looked at now. And the person who found it inappropriate may not have complained at all - it could have been someone who never even commented on the thread. I think the thread title did it in as much as anything! lol

funkman262 01-12-2013 04:04 PM

Don't worry guys, I'll start a new thread when the results come in from my cat and human urine samples. Stay tuned.

Gomer 01-12-2013 04:45 PM

This thread offends me. I have reported it and hope it gets taken down asap!

DogFish 01-12-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf (Post 2222066)
....i almost followed through with a bet on here to drink a glass of tank water. i really was not worried until someone pointed out i might get sick from fish TB or have the runs for a few weeks. that being said i was still confident, i have two kids that depend on me to work though, so i called it off.....

You don't need a glass of water to get sick from a bacterial pathogen, a drop of water will do a fine job. I'm guessing the odds of Fish TB or waterborne bacterial diseases from a healthy tank might be on the dames odds as getting hit by a meteorite.

I'm sure I drank a few gallons of fish water since 1965. I've same in lakes rivers and stone quarries my whole life and have surely drank a fewq gallons of that water too.

HD Blazingwolf 01-13-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFish (Post 2225186)
You don't need a glass of water to get sick from a bacterial pathogen, a drop of water will do a fine job. I'm guessing the odds of Fish TB or waterborne bacterial diseases from a healthy tank might be on the dames odds as getting hit by a meteorite.

I'm sure I drank a few gallons of fish water since 1965. I've same in lakes rivers and stone quarries my whole life and have surely drank a fewq gallons of that water too.

ive had my fair share of sea water, lake water, and ive even gotten tank water down starting siphons before
so i dont think its gonna make me sick,, but murphy's law always disagrees!!
the one time u purposely do it, guess what is gonna happen!!!!

Sake 01-13-2013 12:37 AM

Son of a....they deleted it? :( I was really enjoying that thread. *sigh* Maybe someone should start a "So I know this one guy who peed in his fish tank" thread? O.o I vote for dogfish starting it since people like him :o