The Planted Tank Forum

The Planted Tank Forum (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tank Journals (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ADJAquarium's Forever changing 40 (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209170)

ADJAquariums 01-09-2013 09:00 PM

ADJAquarium's Forever changing 40

1 Attachment(s)
Alright guys heres the specs of my tank...
30in long, 23in tall, 13.5 in wide. I have 3 HOB filters at the moment, a 10gal rated, 20 gal rated, and 50 gal rated. My lights are a cheap flourescent at the moment, new lights to come in the future. I do not run co2 or dose ferts

Flora- Amazon Swords, Brazillian Sword, Indian Red Sword, Anubias Nana, Anubias Congensis, Anubias Afzelli, Bacopa Caroliniana, Alternanthera reineckii cardinalis, Aponogeton, Rotala Rotundifolia, Crypt Wendtii, Water Sprite, Water Wisteria, Dwarf Sag and an African Onion.

Fauna- 1 Cobalt Angel, 6 Cherry barbs, 5 Rummynose tetras, 3 panda cory's, 1 davidsandi cory (he was given to me under the assumption he was a panda), 2-3 Peppered corys (They hide too much to get an accurate head count), 1 Panda garra, 2 neon tetras, 1 bolivian ram, 1 dwarf gourami and 1 nerite snail.

GMYukonon24s 01-11-2013 02:05 AM

Nice tank!

ADJAquariums 01-14-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s (Post 2207986)
Nice tank!

Thanks!

ADJAquariums 01-14-2013 11:53 PM

Now for my Story about my 2 Neon Tetras...

These 2 fish were my Fisrt ever tetra/non live bearer, this was about 2 1/2 years ago, they have been in a 5gal, 10 gal, and finally this 40, they have seen it All! Bettas, guppies, Loaches, but nothing, but a Panda Cory, has continued this Legacy of excellence that these fish have! They have survived Feirce Ammonia spiked, power outtages, Heater malfunctions as well as an outbreak of columnaris, but with all the troubles these fish have faced they have gotten a few battle scars, one has a spot on his lip that is cylindrical and extrudes a a bit to make it noticeable, but not enough to hurt the fishes ability to eat, the other one has a very ragged tail that he got from the betta, it has never grown back for some reason. they are currently living a great life in my 40!

water-kitties 06-05-2013 02:26 AM

Some fish just end up being crazy tanks. I had a gourami who died not too long ago at 5yo. who I had through some crazy noobie incidents. He even traveled with me in a tupperware from south Florida to Virginia in a car! I always wish he could have spent more retirement time in the planted tank. He was always so bossy!

Nice tank! It will be nice to see the swords get nice and tall to fill in the top more.

Newman 11-09-2013 05:59 PM

sweet tank! how large is the angel? i have a big one in my 40 too, and she is about 7"+ in height. i heard from a local breeder that depending on genes some angels can get to 15" in height. that is crazy! i wish mine had the potential to grow that large.

the only thing your tank is missing is a nice Bristlenose pleco :)